UI UX is an iffy concept that many quote but few understand. Recently, I decided to clear my mental fog on these 2 fields, and started a reading binge to get my understanding up to speed. Here is an unordered reading list critical to the crash course. It should minimally equip you with the necessary vocabulary for continued learning.
- How do I get the most out of interviewing users or testing my product with users?
What can interviewing do (and not do?) – http://www.nngroup.com/articles/interviewing-users/
- Super lean usability testing and video example: http://www.sensible.com/rsme.html
- How can I improve my app’s UX?
Screenshots of the UI of different apps – see how others do onboarding, payment, editing, etc and test what fits for you: http://uxarchive.com/
- 72 clear examples of psychology-backed UI edits – https://www.goodui.org/
- Complete guide to A/B testing – https://vwo.com/ab-testing/
- A/B testing example from Udemy – https://www.getvero.com/resources/udemy
- I’d like to learn and apply UX design!
Comprehensive free lessons in your email: https://hackdesign.org/lessons
- Professional/formal, researched tools: http://www.nngroup.com/articles/#popular-alertboxes
Special thanks to Angela Ognev for the curation.