Phúc lợi công việc
Flexible work hours
Productivity curve is not something steady and consistent as it depends on each person's unique traits and preferences. At our company, as long as your team is in sync and your goal is hit, you can flexibly decide when you want to work.
Remote work options
Thanks to technology, we no longer have to be physically present at the office to be productive. Joining our company allows you to work anywhere without place-constraint.
Kỹ năng bắt buộc có
Chi tiết công việc Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer/Team Leader tại PenguinSmart
- Under the mentorship of industry veterans, drive web development projects for PenguinSmart's online service through the various phases of the project life cycle. Assess new initiatives to determine scope, steps, and necessary time-to-completion.
- Produce high quality code by practicing test driven development and writing unit tests; code should be scalable, robust, and performant
- Participate in user research to determine insights to improve systems and services
- Participate in Web data builds and deployment efforts.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Develop for cross-browser/device compatibility in a graded browser support environment.
- Maintain existing code and functionality once it is assimilated into the ongoing operations of the business.
- Work in an Agile development cycle using advanced Scrum methodologies.
- Time Commitment: Full time
- Compensation & Benefits: Based on experience; annual base salary plus stock options and performance bonus, social insurances (health, pension, employment), flexibility to work from home, paid continuous training, mobile phone and transportation allowance, 1-on-1 coaching by seasoned engineers with over 20 years of experience
- Location: Taipei office. The candidate will work closely with teammates distributed across the US, Taiwan, and mainland China.
- Proficient in Mandarin Chinese and English
- Bachelors Degree or above in Computer Science or related fields
- Have 2-3+ years of full-stack web development experience, preferably in Node.Js, Ruby-on-Rails, SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL), and React.JS
- Working knowledge of ROR and an understanding of classes and inheritance as well as the principles of code-reuse in object-oriented programming
- Familiar with writing REST APIs and GraphQL
- Familiar with AWS and CircleCI and building data pipeline
- Familiar with Unit Testing, Integration Testing, and Test-driven development
- Metrics & data-driven: you are not afraid of analyzing data to find insights
- Strong logical problem-solving: when you encounter a problem, you proactively look for solutions or create a plan to find a solution
- Goal-oriented and self-managing: can plan tasks and manage own priorities & time to reach goals without requiring step-by-step instructions and constant oversight
- Hunger to teach yourself & to constantly improve: you like to learn new things and teach others, rather than wait to be taught; you imagine ways to do things better
- Can adapt quickly to a fast-changing environment: learn new tools on your own, courage to be stretched professionally, fast learner and good listener
- Comfortable with ambiguity: you can move forward when faced with uncertainty; in fact, you like bringing order to uncertain situations
- Humility and good sense of humor: especially critical for a startup
- Customer-oriented: dedicated to exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers; use first-hand customer insights to improve products and services; talk and act with customers in mind; establish effective relationships
- Related experience with disadvantaged families or developmentally delayed children
- Experience in any of the following: have e-commerce or SaaS experience have experience building online services for the mainland China market
- Project management
- Previous professional interaction with doctors, therapists, teachers, or parents
- An interest in sharing knowledge about new technologies with the team and facilitating the implementation of such technologies across projects.