Remote work options
Thanks to technology, we no longer have to be physically present at the office to be productive. Joining our company allows you to work anywhere without place-constraint.
To ensure your health and wellbeing, you have various medical plans to choose from depending on your situation and unique needs. From partial up to full medical coverage, we got you covered.
Our company simply cannot function well without teams of people working together. That said, we provide numerous team-building activities and events for you and your team to nurture meaningful relationships between every individual.
Job description for Software Engineer at Tradex Systems Pte Ltd
- You will learn practical programming tools, frameworks, and techniques widely applied in the software industry.
- You will acquire substantial working knowledge in the financial industry and derivative trading.
- You will pick up essential server and network administration skills.
- Potential to branch into more specialized product development roles if showing technical excellence and traits of quick learning.
- Competitive remuneration package based on your experience level.
- Due to the nature of support duties, suitable perks and flexibilities can be provided with respect to working hours.
- Develop new software modules/features according to customer requirements
- Maintain the current code base of our existing software, including bug fixes, refactoring and other improvements based on customers’ feedbacks.
- Maintain our key infrastructures, i.e. servers and networks, required for normal operations of our software systems.
- Develop automated tools to facilitate support, test, and administration duties.
- Provide technical/production support for our existing software systems; actively monitor and resolve customer reporting of system issues. May be required to handle URGENT-level technical support issues after office hours.
- Good proficiency with at least one general-purpose programming language (C#, C++, Java etc.); we prefer candidates knowing C# especially, but it is not compulsory; it is likely that you can learn it in a few weeks if you are proficient with C++ or Java.
- Adequate understanding of advanced programming concepts including data structures/algorithms, multi-threading, together with basic network knowledge: TCP/IP protocol and SSL/TLS preferably.
- Experience with any version control system, such as GitLab.
- Experience with server and network administration (Windows servers, the Aliyun Console, Linux servers) is a plus.
- Experience with any SQL Database administration is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written/ oral) in English and Mandarin in view of business communications/ to liaise with Chinese-speaking associates.
- Min. Diploma/ Degree with a science or engineering major. A Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology is preferred but not required.
- Able to work in a small team collaboratively as well as independently.
- Entry-level candidates are welcome to apply.
- C# or other general-purpose programming languages (please specify)
- Algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Multithreaded programming
- TCP/IP socket programming
- Server administration and network management (specify for Windows, the Aliyun Console, and Linux)
- SQL Database administration