Healthcare And Wellness
Healthcare and wellness are key factors to productivity at work. To make sure that you are doing well, we have prepared various healthcare and wellness programs that can help you take care of yourself.
Parental Family Leave
We are fully aware that family comes first. To help you maintain a meaningful relationship with your loved ones, we, at Wego Pte Ltd, will give you paid parental leaves—be it paternity, maternity, or quality time.
To ensure your health and wellbeing, you have various medical plans to choose from depending on your situation and unique needs. From partial up to full medical coverage, we got you covered.
Our company simply cannot function well without teams of people working together. That said, we provide numerous team-building activities and events for you and your team to nurture meaningful relationships between every individual.
Job description for Senior Software Engineer (Backend) – Hotels at Wego Pte Ltd
- Ship and maintain robust and scalable backend services in Java.
- Design and create services and system architecture.
- Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to technology, algorithms and products.
- Provide feedback to other team members.
- Optimize the performance of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- 4+ years experience in hands-on coding and system design as a backend software engineer.
- A product-minded engineer who cares about the “Why” – Why build this feature? Why does the team work in this way?
- Deep working knowledge and experience with the Java programming language.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Algorithms and automated tests (unit / integration / functional).
- Strong web API knowledge and experience in developing highly available and robust APIs.
- Willing to learn new technologies and programming languages.
- Passion for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism.
- Familiarity with version control systems and development environments.
- Experience with build processes, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience with Node.js, Ruby.
- Familiarity with relational databases.
- Experience with container technology (e.g. Docker).
- Experience in cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience operating production APIs and services.
- Health insurance.
- Brand new M1 MacBook provided.
- Working overtime is not our culture. 20 days of flexible annual leaves.