Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description for Senior Operations Engineer (Infrastructure & Database Department) [NIE] at National Institute Of Education
- Manage Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN) for the department and Institute depending on needs. Manage backup systems for departmental and campus servers and computers.
- Create and maintain data centre and storage asset, active tracking of current and future license needs and renewals of software and maintenance.
- Manage day-to-day storage operations, license and maintenance renewal, allocates work to data centre technicians and ensuring tasks are completed.
- Provide 1st-level technical support for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of enterprise IT services running on Windows- and Linux-based servers.
- Plan, design, implement, manage and maintain the server, storage and virtualised infrastructure deployed in the data centre.
- Manage system availability, capacity, incident, problem resolution and asset lifecycle management.
- Implement and contribute to the development of a business continuity plan, and participate in business continuity and contingency procedures and exercises.
- Work on weekend occasionally for preventive maintenance and project related activities, provide on-call rotational support coverage and 24-hour response for emergencies.
- A University Degree in Computer/Electrical/Electronics Engineering or its equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years of hands-on experience in server, storage and virtualization management, SAN, NAS, zoning, LUN masking, NFS, CIFS and replication technologies.
- Experience in ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System and ISO 27001 Information Security Management System are preferred.
- Certifications such as CITPM, PMP, VCP, ITIL and CCNA are preferred.
- Self-motivated team player with positive attitude and ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Health and wellness benefits
- Parental/family leave
- Medical coverage
- Personal development benefits
- Team building events