Job description for Salesforce System Administrator at Skedulo
- A dynamic product company with great tech.
- You get your own Macbook Pro.
- We support your professional development.
- Balanced Workload. Perform at your Best!
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives as a system administrator for our Salesforce.com environment
- Provide hands-on support and system administration to fix production issues and provide ongoing maintenance
- Create, design, and develop complex reports, engaging dashboards and data management/manipulation strategies that support a data-driven decision-making process
- Excellent proficiency in managing workflows, assignment rules, field creation, snapshotting key metrics for historical trending, de-duplication tools, mass update/upload tools, automating backups, permission sets and field tracking
- Partner with other teams in the organization to ensure clean deployments and leverage best practices
- Evaluate, select, implement, and integrate technology tools into a solution set that supports our business unit requirements
- Manage and enforce the CRM Change Management Process from development sandboxes to Production. Ensure that all necessary changes are documented, reviewed, tested, and approved before being deployed.
- Keeping abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality and providing recommendations for process improvements
- Communicate best practices in Salesforce use, data management, and reporting
- 2+ years of experience working as a Salesforce Administrator
- Certified Salesforce Administrator Required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Desired Skills & Experience
- Additional Salesforce Certifications Preferred
- Experience with Salesforce Triggers and APEX code
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Oracle NetSuite experience
- Acute listening skills and a desire to provide quality customer service and satisfaction
- Appreciation of the challenges faced by IT security professionals and a desire to provide solutions
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skill
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Flextime - 2 days in the office & 3 days work from home
- Medical Benefits for employee + family
- Competitive salary
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 12 days of paid holiday per year
- 13th Month Bonus
- Equity in the form of SARS (Stock Appreciation Rights)
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax
- Our team is extremely competitive, and we will challenge your best table tennis and PS4 skills