Flexible work hours
Productivity curve is not something steady and consistent as it depends on each person's unique traits and preferences. At our company, as long as your team is in sync and your goal is hit, you can flexibly decide when you want to work.
Remote work options
Thanks to technology, we no longer have to be physically present at the office to be productive. Joining our company allows you to work anywhere without place-constraint.
Ever feel stuck with your career? We don't hire you simply because we needed to fill an empty slot. Together, we will help you shape and grow your career so you can progress further and rediscover your true sense of purpose at work.
Must have skills
Job description for Remote Senior Web Engineer at Scopic
- Work on architecture design for projects. This includes research related to the project and defining the correct technologies that should be used to accomplish project goals
- Multitasking between many projects while preserving and delivering a high quality work
- Being proactive, highly motivated and involved in helping the other team members suggesting improvements and solutions to problems
- Write technical documentation, individually or with help of other developers and TLs
- Be involved as a developer on the project and be responsible for the quality of your part or for the entire project
- Help with code reviews and technical project management
- Work on finding solutions for both low level and high level problems
- Help with defining test plans with QAs
- Make project related technical decisions
- Work independently and deliver quality results without the need of constant supervision
- Cover the complete development of small scale projects
- Lead teams of various sizes working on medium and large projects under the supervision of Operations and Engineering Head
- Supervise the development of small scale projects
- Ensure the projects are following best practices and are having a maintained and updated tests (e.g. unit, integration, functional)
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience with full-stack development
- Proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages/frameworks (e.g. PHP/Node.js/Python/C#/GoLang, Laravel/Django/Express/Koa)
- Strong database design skills (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience with one or more cloud providers (e.g. AWS/Google Cloud/Azure/Digital Ocean)
- Experience in using containers (e.g. Docker/LXD) and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes/ECS/Docker Swarm)
- Solid experience in system and software architecture
- Experience in leading development teams
- Experience with web-oriented cross-platform mobile frameworks is a plus
- Good in mentoring others and proposing better technical approaches and integrations in coordination with Engineering department
- Excellent communication skills, confident and prepared for the calls within a company and with potential clients when needed
- Good at providing estimates and predict usual difficulties that startup projects usually have
- A great overall IT knowledge being capable achieving a basic understanding of the technology in short amount of time
- Good written and spoken English
- Stable internet connection and home computer
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Your growth is our growth. We invest in your future with paid training and other professional opportunities.
- We’re industry innovators at the forefront of change. Equipped with the latest technologies and a team of knowledgeable colleagues by your side, you’ll embrace new and interesting challenges.
- Your location. Your schedule — Pick your time-zone, choose your preferred hours, and work from the place where you feel most at home.
- Flexibility and freedom are in our DNA! As long as you have a stable internet connection and the drive to thrive, you can travel and work from anywhere you like.
- A workload you can rely on. We’ll set you enough tasks to keep that mind busy! At Scopic, we’ll ensure you always have a consistent flow of engaging, challenging work to do.
- Recognition and reward. We acknowledge diligence and hard work through annual pay increases for good performance.
- Your starting salary is negotiable depending on your skills and experience.
- Both hourly and salary positions are available.
- Employees are paid monthly via wire transfer.