Flexible work hours
Remote work options
Must have skills
Job description for Remote Senior Web Engineer at Scopic
- Work on architecture design for projects. This includes research related to the project and defining the correct technologies that should be used to accomplish project goals
- Multitasking between many projects while preserving and delivering a high quality work
- Being proactive, highly motivated and involved in helping the other team members suggesting improvements and solutions to problems
- Write technical documentation, individually or with help of other developers and TLs
- Be involved as a developer on the project and be responsible for the quality of your part or for the entire project
- Help with code reviews and technical project management
- Work on finding solutions for both low level and high level problems
- Help with defining test plans with QAs
- Make project related technical decisions
- Work independently and deliver quality results without the need of constant supervision
- Cover the complete development of small scale projects
- Lead teams of various sizes working on medium and large projects under the supervision of Operations and Engineering Head
- Supervise the development of small scale projects
- Ensure the projects are following best practices and are having a maintained and updated tests (e.g. unit, integration, functional)
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience with full-stack development
- Proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages/frameworks (e.g. PHP/Node.js/Python/C#/GoLang, Laravel/Django/Express/Koa)
- Strong database design skills (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience with one or more cloud providers (e.g. AWS/Google Cloud/Azure/Digital Ocean)
- Experience in using containers (e.g. Docker/LXD) and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes/ECS/Docker Swarm)
- Solid experience in system and software architecture
- Experience in leading development teams
- Experience with web-oriented cross-platform mobile frameworks is a plus
- Good in mentoring others and proposing better technical approaches and integrations in coordination with Engineering department
- Excellent communication skills, confident and prepared for the calls within a company and with potential clients when needed
- Good at providing estimates and predict usual difficulties that startup projects usually have
- A great overall IT knowledge being capable achieving a basic understanding of the technology in short amount of time
- Good written and spoken English
- Stable internet connection and home computer
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Your growth is our growth. We invest in your future with paid training and other professional opportunities.
- We’re industry innovators at the forefront of change. Equipped with the latest technologies and a team of knowledgeable colleagues by your side, you’ll embrace new and interesting challenges.
- Your location. Your schedule — Pick your time-zone, choose your preferred hours, and work from the place where you feel most at home.
- Flexibility and freedom are in our DNA! As long as you have a stable internet connection and the drive to thrive, you can travel and work from anywhere you like.
- A workload you can rely on. We’ll set you enough tasks to keep that mind busy! At Scopic, we’ll ensure you always have a consistent flow of engaging, challenging work to do.
- Recognition and reward. We acknowledge diligence and hard work through annual pay increases for good performance.
- Your starting salary is negotiable depending on your skills and experience.
- Both hourly and salary positions are available.
- Employees are paid monthly via wire transfer.