· Ensure all the application systems remain in good working order.
· Support new application systems when they become operational.
· Respond to production emergencies in a timely manner
· Bringing up the server (in a crash) or system processes, fixing problems or finding workarounds.
· Perform routine checks and to escalate to the Project Manager any anomaly detected.
· Show the initiative to alert and conduct troubleshooting together with other system engineers, database administrators (DBA) and outsourced vendors.
· Meet the Service Level Agreement (SLA) timelines.
· Follow through every issue / problem till closure; and complete the necessary documentation as required
· Assist users and answer queries regarding the supported operational systems.
· Interact with the helpdesk agents, end-users and external vendors during application support and problem resolution.
· Be on standby support on weekends / public holidays. In the event of scheduled downtime or during a crash, you are required to be in office during off-office-hours to support the systems.
· Besides application support, make some code changes/ enhancements that arise from service requests. Follow the given technical standards and update the necessary documentation.
· Report to the Project Manager the tracking and management of the project timelines and resources that he/she has been assigned to undertake.
· Understudy and undertake the development of new applications and maintenance of any existing systems as assigned by the Project Manager.
· Work independently with minimum supervision as well as a team member among the system support and application development teams.
Job Requirements (Mandatory):
· Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
· Have at least EIGHT (8) years of work experience in IT development, with exposure to end-to-end software development lifecycle (SDLC - system analysis and design; application development and testing; and operational support and maintenance).
· Have at least EIGHT (8) years of working experience with relational databases (such as My SQL, Microsoft SQL Server) and be proficient in developing solutions which involve relational database schema design and writing optimized SQL queries/stored procedures.
· Have at least FIVE (5) years of experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), including web services development and integration with SOAP and/or REST based web services.
· Have working experience in at least TWO (2)of the following areas, i.e. Linux/Apache/DNN/PHP.
· Have experience working with excel objects, has built interfaces to other applications in the .Net platform and possess the ability to analyse/ extract data for batch processing/ingestion.
· Demonstrate strong ability in troubleshooting and problem solving.
· Have industrial working experience in supervising technical support and guiding team members/ peers/ developers.
· Have at least THREE (3) years of experience and be proficient in:
a) Requirements and impact analysis, including evaluating and recommending feasible technical implementations etc;
b) IT operational support, including incident management, defect tracking, source code version control, release management, deployment to Production etc; and
c) Project management support, including maintaining issue log and change control records, documenting operational procedures/guides, coordinating with users etc. 2.20 The Candidate is required to be security cleared and shall be a Singapore citizen, as the Candidate is required to handle classified data.
Non-mandatory requirements (preferred):
· Have experience working with SharePoint applications on SharePoint Server 2013 and above. This includes administering/maintaining SharePoint farms and related services (e.g. User profile services, search services), and be familiar with CSS & themes, webparts, webservices, workflow, site collection/structure, SharePoint Designer.
· Have experience working in areas on Digitisation, OCR, Search services, Inventorisation and movement tracking. The Candidate is also to be familiar with environment setup & configuration, such as DNS registration, configuration of CIFS.
· Equipped with skills to perform an acceptable level of storyboarding, prototyping and website user interface design.
· Have experience with good security practices in application development & support.
· Have working experience doing system design and documentation that are thorough, concise as well as easily readable, such as data modeling, functional specifications, design specifications, interface specification and sequence diagram.
· Have at least THREE (3) years of experience in Responsive Web Design, using open-source framework such as Bootstrap and UX technologies such as CSS.
· Have experience with source code management, such as TFS, CVS, SVN.
· Have experience working with file format identification tools such as Siegfried and related standards, such as PRONOM.
· Have working experience in government agency environment in the past 5 years with exposure to IM8, Digital Standards, and/or other Singapore government security policies compliance requirements.
AIMS (Asia Innovatory Management School) is an industry expert in Recruitment, Management as well as ICT Services. AIMs has been in this industry for the past 12 years since 2008. Over a decade, our depth of expertise and local knowledge enables us to transform your Human Capital to meet the challenges of the future. We provide proven industry-leading strategic, and cost-effective solutions. This would meet your business needs as well as enhance your HR practices. Enhancing them in recruiting, managing, and developing talents.