We don’t usually toot our own horn but (seeing as you might work here soon) we thought you might like to know GoBear is Asia’s first and only metasearch engine for financial products. We spend our days trying to figure out how to make comparing insurance and banking products as awesome as possible. Our happy place is where users don’t even have to think twice – they can choose a financial product that’s right for them and feel confident with their choice (we know that’s a nerdy happy place, but we can’t help what we love).
We’re looking for people who break the mould; who’ve got a hankering to do something completely different. Obviously we want our bears to be smart and hard-working but, more importantly, we want people on our team who love technology, who love their job, and who aren’t afraid to fail while trying something completely crazy. At GoBear we develop well-tested, production-ready code in very short cycles and in small increments. We listen to our customers, and then employ best-practices to drive towards greater agility with a lazer-focus on our customer needs. Oh, and if you have a chuckle while reading XKCD, BOFH or The Daily WTF, then you’ll fit right into the team.
If that all sounds up your alley, then read on.
Who’s who in the zoo?
You’ll be reporting into the Technical Director and you’ll also get to hang out with the scrum master and work closely with the product design team and DevOps based in the regional office in Singapore.
- Researching and implementing best in class front end standards and frameworks;
- Optimizing, tree shaking and constantly seeking to improve performance and speed;
- Creating processes and implementing technologies that ensure a scalable business, team andarchitecture;
- Collaborating with Designers, Product Owners, and Software Engineers to deliver engaging user-facing features and sites.
- A solid understanding of English (written and oral) - Have a good grip on Object-Oriented Programming and Functional Programming Experienced with LESS/SASS/STYLUS or any kind of CSS preprocessors.
- Have knowledge about BEM, atomic (functional CSS) is a plus.
- Have experience with any kind of frontend unit testing (jest, jasmine, mocha, karma... Etc. )
- Have experience with any kind of modern web framework(vuejs, angular, react)
- Ideally 3+ years of work experience on Frontend to serve large-scale and high-traffic projects
- Ability to work collaboratively, manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly
- Pro-active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities, with keen attention to detail - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile or SCRUM project methodology
- Knowledge of GIT and the Atlassian suite
- Willing to go the extra mile
Does this sound like you?
- You’re kind
- You have the ability to communicate complex concepts in an understandable manner
- You’re willing to coach and teach others
- You have a preference for persuading others through calm, respectful, rational argument
- You are always learning. A hunger for knowledge, discovery and learning new things
- You are always-improving. An acknowledgement that we can always do better, and a willingness to keep seeking the better way
- You’re kind (yes I wrote that twice)
Need more reasons to come and work for us?
You’ll get to learn from a multi-cultural team of fin-tech disruptors at one of the fastest growing online brands in Asia. Our work makes us innovative, agile, brave and result-driven but we also just love what we do – and because we love what we do, we’re fun to be around (well, we think so anyway). We’ve got an open and transparent culture so what you see is what you get: we’re not cool with office politics. We value freedom and high performance above blindly following processes. In fact, we like it when you challenge our processes.
We also like it when you show curiosity for new ideas that make a difference. And, we love it when you discover practical solutions to tough problems. We give lots of high fives for solving tough problems.
GoBear is Asia’s first and only metasearch engine in financial products. It was founded based on the simple premise that a consumer should find freedom and ease in choosing complex financial products like insurance, credit cards and loans. Headquartered in Singapore since early 2015, GoBear has established presence in Thailand, Malaysia and will continue to expand across Southeast Asia in 2016. As one of the fastest growing fintech startups in Asia, GoBear is leading the way in democratising financial shopping experience with its unbiased and personalised comparison process. Our independent metasearch engine is user-oriented, GoBear neither aggregate nor sell products. We simply offer consumers a free and transparent comparison process based on their financial needs, and not influenced by service providers’ advertising. The result is a user-friendly and informed experience that saves consumers both time and money. GoBear team is made up of a group of multi-cultural technologists. It is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting inclusion and diversity for employees.