美商法里亞有限公司台灣分公司 Senior Backend (Ruby on Rails) Engineer 工作職責
The OpenApply division of Faria Education Group is looking for two Intermediate Backend Engineers. The role will be heavily involved with new feature developments and maintaining the existing application.
OpenApply is an admissions management system & CRM serving over 600 of the world’s leading international & independent schools, supporting the applicant from discovery & enquiry to admissions & enrolment.
- New features development based on the provided specifications
- Maintaining the existing applications (bug fixes, migration to new Rails versions, UI refresh).
- Interacting with the other teams (within the company and external) regarding the applications integration and API.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- 5+ years of experience of RoR software development expertise;
- Ruby on Rails (versions 6);
- RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL is a plus);
- Frontend (HTML, CSS3, jQuery, CoffeeScript, SASS, Bootstrap);
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, familiarity with the concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful;
- Automated testing (RSpec), continuous integration;
- Experience using front-end framework (Vue or React);
- English: Intermediate or upper, verbal and written.
- Resolving development issues of high complexity by making good judgments and quick decisions
- Identifying system and engineering process deficiencies proposes and implements solutions
- Being flexible and open to new ideas tracks emerging development methods, tools.
ARCHITECTURE and OOD
- Defining system architecture (vision) including the most complex ones which may span across platforms, technologies, etc.
- Decomposing problem space into subsystems (layers, tiers, modules, etc.).
- Demonstrating proficient knowledge of design and architectural patterns, applying that knowledge in everyday work.
- Creating clear, consistent, well commented, highly maintainable, and accurate code that matches agreed conventions.
- Verifying code changes made.
- Writing unit and integration tests according to the chosen environment and methodology.
- Establishing the project's automated testing environment and workflow.
- Choosing tools and frameworks appropriate for the specific products, like code coverage tools, unit testing, and integration testing frameworks.
- Working with issue tracking software.
- Assisting in choosing issue tracking software and establishing the project's QA environment, choosing the project's QA methodology and workflow.
- Working with version control systems.
- Committing verified changes with comprehensive comments.
- Carefully checking diffs before code commit.
- Splitting code commits according to the atomic chunk of functionality.
- Resolving conflicts in the codebase.
- Effective use of branching and tagging techniques for managing product versions, developing major features and product updates.
- Using special tools for analyzing product performance, resource usage to determine product bottlenecks.
- Applying optimization techniques for improving resource consumption.
- Refactoring sub-systems (modules) in the scope of defined architecture.
- Planning refactoring of product components according to product development roadmap, recognized issues, and feature requests.
BUILD and CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION
- Defining and establishing build policy.
- Using and monitoring the project's automated build environment.
- Developing/editing build scripts.
- Defining product versioning policy.
- Choosing appropriate tools for the build the environment.
- Creating release documents.
CAPABILITIES & CHARACTER
- Resolve S1-S5 items on production according to SLA without regression, communicate appropriately while resolving.
- Implement quick wins and small feature requests according to severity and R&D priority.
- Ensure technical debt is tracked and estimated, escalated if it exceeds 4 man-weeks.
- Wisdom in the knowledge of Optimums, Right People, Plan & Strategy to Scale.
- Business Growth & Competitive Strength.
- R&D Team Stability & Health
- Competitive salary and opportunities for career development.
- Professional growth in the international business environment.
- Cozy fully-equipped office in Taipei.
- Friendly atmosphere, office socials and team lunches.
- Paid vacation and stipend for English language classes/gym membership.
- Professional Development budget and unlimited book budget.
- Regular performance reviews.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.
Faria Education Group powers over 10,000 schools and districts and 3 million students with a suite of 6 services: ManageBac, AtlasNext, Pamoja, OpenApply, SchoolsBuddy, and Curriculum Trak.
ManageBac is the leading online planning, assessment and reporting platform for IB World Schools, supporting over 140,000 educators in 130 countries for over 15 years. By providing schools with one unified system on a consistent, modern and mobile-ready interface, ManageBac offers a seamless & integrated experience for coordinators, teachers, students, and parents.
AtlasNext is a leading online planning, assessment and reporting platform for independent and international schools worldwide. By providing schools with one unified system on a consistent, modern and mobile-ready interface, AtlasNext offers a seamless & integrated experience for school leaders, teachers, students, and parents.
Pamoja is an education technology company based in Oxford, UK. We provide schools across the globe with flexible online learning solutions that address key educational challenges, from structured content through Pamoja Lesson Suite, to courses fully taught by our own teachers, Pamoja Online Courses.
OpenApply is a modern School Admissions Management System supporting every stage of the applicant journey from enquiry to enrolment. Our cloud-based interface works seamlessly across devices for both families and staff, streamlining the process and reducing stress. Today OpenApply supports over 500 schools in over 80 countries.
SchoolsBuddy is a comprehensive extra-curricular management system for staff, parents and students, featuring activities management, online payments, plus sign up, allocation and attendance for after-school activities. Trips, online consent, parents evenings, sports teams and bookings can all be managed through the SchoolsBuddy platform.
Curriculum Trak provides the leading curriculum management platform for K-12 faith-based schools. The unique Faith Learning Integration allows teachers to easily align key conceptual spiritual understandings with curriculum, lesson plans, and learning outcomes. Schools can also join a larger network of faith-based schools to collaborate around faith-based teaching content and resources. Founded in 2003, Curriculum Trak services are used by more than 850 schools and districts.
We are a globally distributed team with offices in Portland, Shanghai, Taipei, Hong Kong, UK, and Ukraine.