· Understanding of the customer’s business, and organization, and an understanding of the value that HBS brings to the customer to drive to real business outcomes.
· Dissemination of key messages, initiatives, and of information pertaining to the value HBS brings to that specific customer at all levels of the customer’s organization.
· Business partner to the customer, establishes a defensible barrier to competitors, maximizes the business potential of their customers, and acts as the primary supplier interface for all products, solutions and services with this customer.
· Champions the customer’s needs and requirements within the Honeywell organization
· Works closely with the Management Team, to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
· Responsible for achievement of revenue, margin plans and economic value-added goals
· Business Relationships:
o Develop and sustain long term customer relationships; Establish these relationships while engaging customers at all levels including senior levels of the customer organization; Early engagement in the customer buying process diagnosing customer’s needs and tailoring solutions to match; Will network within the customer account and industry.
· Sales Process:
o Manages the day to day and strategic: maintaining a balanced approach to superior customer service and strategic account planning; quarterly results and long term account goals; Identifies new sales opportunities and focuses on providing consultative support by building value propositions for solutions into the account; Manage and build customer contacts, serving as the customer’s ambassador, trusted advisor, and advocate; Focal point for relationship strategies, account and sales plans, proposal strategies, contract negotiations, etc.
o Engage technical buyers, economic buyers, and relationship buyers; engage customers at all levels in an organization including executive level decision makers; typically manages 10-20 customer accounts with growth potential; responsible for account retention and penetration.
· People Management:
o Leverages resources to address customers’ initiatives in a consultative manner; Guides and leverages management and executive sponsor interactions with the customer; Responsible for motivating the account team, providing strategic vision for the account while driving self and others to produce positive business results for HBS.
o Profitable growth in the form of new opportunities within existing accounts; Orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan.
Key Experience & Capabilities:
· Electrical / mechanical trade or tertiary education
· Fresh Graduates are welcomed to apply
· Or at least 5 years technical sales experience required in lieu of 4 year college degree
· Customer engagement at senior levels; building long-term strategic and executive relationships
· Cross selling and consultative selling - experience with collaborating across both client and own organization to drive a One-Honeywell approach
· In-depth industry and market knowledge
· Understands the life cycle value proposition of HBS and its offerings
· A well-developed sense of the customer’s business and their organization.
· Financial and business acumen
· Understands customer’s decision-making processes, buyers, and influences
· Knowledge of HBS processes, commercial terms, contract terms, etc
· Basic understanding of Honeywell portfolio across LOBs/ verticals/applications
The world is changing. And it’s a familiar story at Honeywell. Our $36 billion business was founded on a legacy of firsts spanning 130 years. We’re building a safer, smarter, and more sustainable world through our technology and software across each of our 930 sites globally. Our impact is seen in every shape and size around the world. Our solutions are felt daily in aerospace, buildings and cities, retail, chemicals and materials, safety, industrial and manufacturing, safety, and supply chains.
We have been innovating for more than 100 years – and now we’re creating what’s next.