- Conduct secondary research
- Draft written material intended to persuade and/or represent a client’s point of view (i.e. press releases, research analysis, white papers, newsletters, etc.)
- Develop traditional and online/digital media lists
- Pitch media (develop pitch and contact media)
- Participate in brainstorm sessions
- Contribute to the new business development process
- Contribute to the development of strategic communications plans
- Assist with event planning and support (including logistics, on-site staffing, development of collateral, promotions, etc.)
- Monitor and summarize (package and present) a variety of news and communication formats (traditional media, blogs, online outlets, etc.)
- Pursuing a Degree or Diploma in Business, Public Relations, Mass Communications, Media Studies, Journalism, or any communications-related field.
- Possess good research, writing, and organization skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to compile relevant information, provide strategic analysis, present and initiate ideas.
- Prior internship experience at a public relations agency or an organization's corporate communications department would be advantageous.
- Can commit to a full-time, 6-month internship.