美商法里亞有限公司台灣分公司 Intermediate Full-Stack (Ruby on Rails) Engineer 工作職責
Faria is a leader in international education systems & services providing an integrated systems suite across learning, admissions, school-to-home and online courses & study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in over 155 countries.
The OpenApply division of Faria Education Group is looking for two Intermediate Backend Engineers. The role will be heavily involved with new feature developments and maintaining the existing application.
OpenApply is an admissions management system & CRM serving over 600 of the world’s leading international & independent schools, supporting the applicant from discovery & enquiry to admissions & enrolment.
- New features development based on the provided specifications
- Maintaining the existing applications (bug fixes, migration to new Rails versions, UI refresh).
- Interacting with the other teams (within the company and external) regarding the applications integration and API.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- 2+ years of experience of RoR software development expertise;
- Ruby on Rails (versions 6);
- RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL is a plus);
- Frontend (HTML, CSS3, jQuery, CoffeeScript, SASS, Bootstrap);
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, familiarity with the concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful;
- Automated testing (RSpec), continuous integration;
- English: Intermediate or upper, verbal and written.
- Demonstrating the deep understanding of OOP and using it effectively
- Creating clear, consistent, well commented, highly maintainable, and accurate code that matches agreed conventions.
- Verifying code changes made.
- Writing unit and integration tests according to the chosen environment and methodology.
- Working with issue tracking software.
- Working with version control systems.
- Committing verified changes with comprehensive comments.
- Carefully checking diffs before code commit.
- Splitting code commits according to the atomic chunk of functionality.
- Resolving conflicts in the codebase.
- Using special tools for analyzing product performance, resource usage to determine product bottlenecks.
- Refactoring sub-systems (modules) in the scope of defined architecture
CAPABILITIES & CHARACTER
- Ensure the estimation provided by team members is accurate.
- Suggest and discuss changes to feature/bugfix scope, which will improve the general architecture.
- Estimate (accuracy 70% minimum) and implement new features related to curricula.
- Resolve escalated items from the application support team related to S1-S5 defects on production.
- Shipping Great (Stable) Features to Production that delight Customers
- Competitive salary and opportunities for career development.
- Professional growth in the international business environment.
- Cozy fully-equipped office in Taipei.
- Friendly atmosphere, office socials and team lunches.
- Paid vacation and stipend for English language classes/gym membership.
- Professional Development budget and unlimited book budget.
- Regular performance reviews.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.
Faria Education Group powers over 10,000 schools and districts and 3 million students with a suite of 6 services: ManageBac, AtlasNext, Pamoja, OpenApply, SchoolsBuddy, and Curriculum Trak.
ManageBac is the leading online planning, assessment and reporting platform for IB World Schools, supporting over 140,000 educators in 130 countries for over 15 years. By providing schools with one unified system on a consistent, modern and mobile-ready interface, ManageBac offers a seamless & integrated experience for coordinators, teachers, students, and parents.
AtlasNext is a leading online planning, assessment and reporting platform for independent and international schools worldwide. By providing schools with one unified system on a consistent, modern and mobile-ready interface, AtlasNext offers a seamless & integrated experience for school leaders, teachers, students, and parents.
Pamoja is an education technology company based in Oxford, UK. We provide schools across the globe with flexible online learning solutions that address key educational challenges, from structured content through Pamoja Lesson Suite, to courses fully taught by our own teachers, Pamoja Online Courses.
OpenApply is a modern School Admissions Management System supporting every stage of the applicant journey from enquiry to enrolment. Our cloud-based interface works seamlessly across devices for both families and staff, streamlining the process and reducing stress. Today OpenApply supports over 500 schools in over 80 countries.
SchoolsBuddy is a comprehensive extra-curricular management system for staff, parents and students, featuring activities management, online payments, plus sign up, allocation and attendance for after-school activities. Trips, online consent, parents evenings, sports teams and bookings can all be managed through the SchoolsBuddy platform.
Curriculum Trak provides the leading curriculum management platform for K-12 faith-based schools. The unique Faith Learning Integration allows teachers to easily align key conceptual spiritual understandings with curriculum, lesson plans, and learning outcomes. Schools can also join a larger network of faith-based schools to collaborate around faith-based teaching content and resources. Founded in 2003, Curriculum Trak services are used by more than 850 schools and districts.
We are a globally distributed team with offices in Portland, Shanghai, Taipei, Hong Kong, UK, and Ukraine.