- Ensures that the business in its various departments understands its own health, finds growth levers, and identifies opportunities for optimization
- Leads the business through all efforts that drive business performance and potential by using the existent and new data sources and techniques
- Leads the data analytics department in the development of a departmental culture, policies, and strategy
- Being the first and foremost a leader within the department overseeing all activities of the data analytics and data warehousing departments
- Defines the business questions that need be answered and defines appropriate analytics models in addition to identifying and readying relevant data sources for analysis
- Plays a leading strategic role where he/she leads the data analytics and data warehousing departments in strategy development with regard to the collection, manipulation, and analysis of data for various business functions/departments such as marketing, sales, operations, among others.
- Play an analytical role where he develops and applies analytical algorithms and methods where possible with a view of driving and enhancing data systems and streamlining business processes.
- Highly collaborative role such as facilitates joint brainstorming and team collaboration
- Collaborates with numerous departments across the business, aiding them in the proper use of data, hence, ensuring the delivery of desired operational results
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math, Business Administration, or any other related field. An equivalent of this requirement in working experience is also acceptable for the position
- Have excellent computer skills and be highly proficient in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint, which will all be necessary in the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports, for departmental heads/management, senior data analytics management, and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate skills in Salesforce, SQL server reporting services, Tableau, analysis services, or any other data visualization tools
- Demonstrate a passion for research and data and be highly skilled in performing quantitative analyses on various business functions
- Must be highly skilled in the use of SQL, being able to draw complex queries that ultimately lead to improvements in business performance
- Highly proficient in the workings of data technologies such as Hadoop, Teradata, and so forth
- Self-motivated, be proactive taking initiative and going beyond his call of duty, be helpful and service-oriented, have exceptional problem-solving skills, work comfortably in a cross-functional setting