SGD1,200 - 1,500/月
Rakuten Asia Business Development Intern 工作職責
As an organisation, we are deeply entrenched in sports by owning J-League club Vissel Kobe and baseball teams Rakuten Golden Eagles and Rakuten Monkeys. Rakuten is also proud to be the main partner of 7 times, NBA Champion Golden States Warriors and Davis Cup. More recently, the team has created the inaugural World University Basketball Series and hosted two editions of the NBA Japan Games in 2019 featuring NBA 2019 Champion Toronto Raptors and Hoston Rockets as well as in 2022 with NBA 2022 Champion, Golden State Warriors and Washington Wizards.
Rakuten Sports is a multi-faceted organisation that specialised in sports marketing and sports business. Our division works with global top rightsholders and athletes to provide commercial partnership supports, we also work with various sports businesses to co-create new experiences to serve the fans globally.
The Rakuten Sports division is seeking for a new Business Development Intern who wants to take on the challenge of innovating in the sports industry by leveraging the Rakuten Group ecosystem. The candidate should have a strong passion for sports business with keen interest to learn more about sports sponsorship and media rights sales.
The key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Understanding Rakuten and Rakuten Sports business model and market approach
- Learning all aspects of a sponsorship sales cycle (leads generation/initial meeting/negotiation/client servicing)
- Identifying trends and market opportunities across APAC which we can grow Rakuten Sports portfolio
- Prospecting potential partners who might be interested in sports marketing from various online channels
- Supporting sales manager to work on sales presentations and proposals
- Input in CRM of proposals and database management
- Be flexible and proactive to complete other projects and tasks assigned
- Undergraduate / Bachelor’s degree or above
- Inquisitive, proactive, and passionate about picking up knowledge in sports business development, sales and marketing
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a team
- Distinctive analytical skills
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- High proficiency in English (working language) and proficiency in Japanese would be advantageous
Founded in 1997, Rakuten (TYO: 4755) is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees worldwide. Rakuten is Japan’s leading Internet services company, largest e-commerce company in Japan, and third largest e-commerce marketplace worldwide with a combined membership of 1 billion. Our mission is to Empower People and Society through the internet while aiming at becoming the Global Innovation Company.
With over 70+ businesses and services spread across 29 countries and regions worldwide. Our global footprint starts from Japan to Asia, the Americas and Europe with a wide portfolio of services. Rakuten is an Eco-system of online services, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports.
Rakuten Asia - Regional Head Office of Asia, comprising of various business verticals such as Rakuten Ventures; Rakuten Marketing; Rakuten Rewards; Asia Techology Development Unit (ASTD); Rakuten Institute of Technology (RIT) and Global Marketing Office.
Our office, Crimson House Singapore (CHS), is located at CapitaGreen which houses Rakuten sister companies including Rakuten Travel; Rakuten VIKI, Ebates (a Rakuten company), Rakuten Viber & Rakuten Insight.
To see the full list of the opportunities at CHS please visit http://bit.ly/CHSOpenRoles
For enquiry on recruitment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rakuten is proud to an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. All our employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Find out more here: http://bit.ly/RAsiaDnL