Hoow Foods is a food technology startup focused on the development of products that serve to ameliorate the worsening metabolic disorder epidemic that Singapore and the world faces. We do this using a platform technology that allows for analysis of existing products and food chemistry-based substitution of ingredients.
Hoow Foods is seeking to employ an Associate Scientist to assist in product development, ingredient characterization and contribute to research bolstering the in-house technology.
1. Participate in product development work involving various cooking and baking processes.
2. Analyze food ingredients and products using in-house instruments, or at an off-site location.
3. Project manage collaborations.
4. Search for, read and summarise relevant literature articles.
5. Set up and maintain a food ingredient database through collaboration with Data Scientists.
6. Source for vendors and suppliers and maintain good working relationship with them.
7. Maintain equipment, upkeep lab safety and inventory.
8. Draft Standard Operating Procedures, Risk Analyses and other documents necessary for data integrity and traceability as well as lab safety.
9. Attend conferences, seminars and exhibitions, either as a participant or as an exhibitor and organize logistics for such events where necessary.
10. Participate in IP creation processes, such as drafting of patents and research papers.
11. Participate in grant applications.
12. Assist in the creation of posters and presentation decks.
13. Assist in any other activities as required by the company.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Food Science or Chemistry.
2. Fresh graduates are welcome.
3. Strong biochemistry and organic chemistry knowledge.
4. Exposure to Final-Year Project or significant experience of wet lab work will be advantageous.
5. Experience with conventional baking and cooking instruments and equipment.
6. Experience with analytical instruments such as rheometers, viscometers, texture analyzers.
7. Possess intellectual curiosity, able to take broad, loosely defined business needs and creatively identify precise, workable solutions.
8. High level of initiative, keen interest to learn cross-disciplinary knowledge and skills and take on personal research projects.
9. Good presentation skills with an ability to communicate difficult concepts in a comprehensible manner.
10. High level of ability to multi-task and yet ensure quality of work on different projects.
Craving for bubble tea? How about a juicy burger oozing with your favourite concoction of sauces? Or that good old plate of fragrant, sizzling char kway teow? We enjoy these food. They are rich with savour that appeal to our tastebuds. Unfortunately, they are also packed with calories, containing excessive sugar, salt, and fat.
We know that these food are not good for our health. Yet we cannot resist the temptation to indulge in them. If only there is a healthier version that tastes just as good.
This is what we do at Hoow Foods so that the dilemma between delicious food and good health becomes a thing of the past. Hoow Foods is a food-technology startup based in Singapore. We develop state-of-the-art food reformulation processes to make your favourite food healthier without compromising on the taste.
Sounds too good to be true?
In fact, that's not all. Always pushing against the boundaries of technological possibilities, we are developing new processes to not just reduce unhealthy elements in our food but to supplement them with health-enhancing nutrients. Relish a bowl of laksa that is not only lower in fat and sodium, but also enhances your health in aspects like higher bone density? That's just one of the many products in our research pipeline.
We welcome you to join us at Hoow Foods in this exciting journey to revolutionize food!