Well-capitalized edtech start-up seeks one extremely talented Academic Product Manager to help build the future of education in Vietnam / Southeast Asia. You should deeply understand the K-12 after-school tutoring market in Vietnam (FYI: taking 10 tutoring classes whilst you studied for national examination does not count!)
You must have experience:
· Working at a prior K-12 educational institutions (private / public K-12 school, or a after-school tutoring center, or an edtech player);
· Specifically, working on curriculum design (which includes preparation of learning materials), lesson plan design, familiar with online learning and usage of LMS;
· Day-dreaming what-ifs about applying interesting technology applications in education overseas to Vietnamese market;
· Feeling inspired by lean startup principles – including ‘always-be-deploying’, ‘reiterate along the way’, ‘my dictionary does not have the word perfection’
Please expect talented, interesting, intense, and extremely motivated co-workers. Compensation is extremely competitive. You will be a core member (employee <#10) of the next Vietnam-based unicorn (or hippo… whatever they call them these days). You need to feel passionate about improving the future of Vietnam’s education.
If interested please share with me (1) 3 key trends you are seeing in education (does not have to be limited to Vietnam), (2) why you would be right for this.
P/S: Quick analysis on what really matters for you below
· Extremely attractive end-market, with COVID-19 as a catalyst allowing us a 12-18-month window to compound value and growth extremely quickly;
· Very committed co-founders with prior investing / operating experience in Southeast Asia;
· Stacked cap table with strong investors de-risking path to future rounds;
· Business model proven elsewhere, with limited-to-no scaled competitors paving clear path to product-market-fit;
· Meaningful problem set
· You still have no idea what the product / idea is, so reach out!