To ensure your health and wellbeing, you have various medical plans to choose from depending on your situation and unique needs. From partial up to full medical coverage, we got you covered.
Vacation & Leaves
Feel a need for a short break from work? our company is quite flexible when it comes to leaves; be it for vacation, sick, personal, or mental health days. Simply discuss what you need and we will try to cater to those.
Must have skills
Job description for Technical Specialist (IT Specialist) [NIE] at National Institute Of Education
- Supports AG in all Information Communication Technology (ICT) needs, e.g. development of applications, keeping him/herself informed of the new development and propose new equipment and education technologies to support teaching and learning, etc.
- Provide ICT support and services to faculty members. E.g. Assist faculty staff in the video recording of lessons both in campus and other venues such as in schools, assist in the operations of integrated multi-camera video streaming and acquisition system in the multi-purpose hall, assist faculty with their online lessons via Zoom or MS Teams etc.
- Assist in day-to-day operations and fixing minor technical glitches in the Audio-Visual (AV) systems at PESS facilities.
- Assist with software installation and updates in staff notebooks for various PE and sports-specific teaching related AV items (hardware and software) procured by the AG (e.g. smartscreens, lab equipment).
- Provide training to faculty on the usage of ICT hardware and software.
- Assist in the planning, development, and review of the annual operating budget and strategic resources to meet the rapidly changing ICT needs.
- Assist in the procurement of ICT equipment that have been budgeted.
- Maintenance and upkeep of ICT equipment and maintain inventory of equipment that are on loan.
- Editing post-production of lesson videos and events.
- Photography for events.
- Developing publicity materials, e.g., montage for display in AG.
- Willing to attend ICT workshops and courses to develop technical knowledge and skills.
- A Polytechnic Diploma in IT or other relevant qualifications.
- Relevant ICT experience (e.g. development of apps, operation and maintenance of ICT equipment, photography, video recording, video editing and post-production, familiarity with Zoom and MS Teams, etc.).
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office programmes.
- Knowledge of Java and Python programming languages would be an advantage.
- Able to work both independently and as a team member.