Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description for Systems Consultant (Infrastructure and Database Department) [NIE] at National Institute Of Education
- Manage and support the delivery of in-house and outsourced IT projects and services to meet IT initiatives of academic and research users.
- Manage and support the in-house research operations and management system and provide awareness and training to the academic and research community.
- Provide technical advice and consultancy to the academic and research community on IT policy, proposal, procurement and all IT-related matters.
- Plan, design, implement, manage and maintain the server, storage and virtualised infrastructure deployed in the data centre.
- Manage system availability, capacity, incident, problem resolution and asset lifecycle management.
- Develop and review research-related policies, procedures and documentation for research operations and management, and server, storage and virtualisation platform.
- Evaluate, recommend and acquire systems and products for the Institute.
- Provide IT support for research conferences and standby technical support outside office hours.
- Participate in developing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Work on weekend occasionally for preventive maintenance and project related activities, provide on-call rotational support coverage and 24-hour response for emergencies.
- A Degree in Computer/Electrical/Electronics Engineering or its equivalent.
- At least 2 years of project management and business process management experience in a research environment.
- 2 to 3 years’ working experience in server, storage administration and virtualisation management.
- Working knowledge in the administration of CMS (WordPress, Joomla, Moodle, Drupal), research tools (EndNote, SAS, SPSS, NVivo), Microsoft products (Active Directory, SharePoint, SQL) and VMware products (vSphere, vCenter).
- Working knowledge of Server and Storage technologies, Virtualization, SAN, NAS, zoning, LUN masking, NFS, CIFS and replication technologies.
- Experience in ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System and ISO 27001 Information Security Management System are preferred.
- Certifications such as CITPM, PMP, VCP, ITIL and CCNA are preferred.
- Self-motivated team player with positive attitude and ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience working in a research environment and knowledge of research processes will be an advantage.
- Health and wellness benefits
- Parental/family leave
- Medical coverage
- Personal development benefits
- Team building events