Job description for Senior Buyer at PT Papandayan Cocoa Industries (Barry Callebaut)
About the role:
This position is responsible to:
- Represent the BC sourcing department in the technical area in the plant, representing (advocating) procurement and demonstrating added value for BC. Maintain purchasing processes within BC.
- Manage indirect technical spend areas for part of the plant (opex and capex), looking for both short term opportunities through spot buy reduction and long term opportunities through strategic sourcing exercices.
- Apply strategies and tactics – together with the business - to give our company a competitive advantage in either technology or cost.
- Defines sourcing strategies and tactics to make the local organizations more competitive and meet business goals.
- Executes the local purchase strategy. Develops an operational plan that meets the global purchasing objectives
- Make sure all policies are implemented and followed.
- Manages all indirect technical purchases for assigned purchasing categories within the local organization
- Communicates, liaises and negotiates internally and externally using appropriate methods to meet local business needs
- Negotiate with local suppliers to ensure optimum price/quality/service levels
- Supports strategic sourcing initiatives to deliver long range programs for MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operating Supplies) and related capital services
- Ensure correct implementation of the documented P2P process (Procure to Pay) into our ERP systems (sap & maximo)
- 5 years' experience as Purchasing, 2-3 years' experience as Purchasing SPV
- Experienced working in food industry is a plus
- Diploma or bachelor's degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong proficiency in Ms Office, especially in Ms. Excel
- Fluent in English
- Strong knowledge of MRO and purchasing process
- Strong knowledge of sourcing strategic, vendor management, budget control, and import process
- Familiar with SAP
- Willing to relocate to Bandung
Report This Job
About the company
5001 - 10,000 employees
The Barry Callebaut Group, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, resulted from a merger in 1996 between two iconic chocolate makers, the Belgian Callebaut and the French Cacao Barry. During the past quarter of a century, Barry Callebaut Group became the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, mastering every step in the value chain from the sourcing of raw materials to the production of the finest chocolates. We are the heart and engine of the chocolate industry and our mission is to be number one in all attractive customer segments. We are a business-to-business company, fully vertically integrated with a strong position in cocoa-origin countries and a unique global footprint.
Office addressJl. Raya Dayeuhkolot No.84, Pasawahan, Kec. Dayeuhkolot, Kota Bandung, Jawa Barat 40258