This job post is managed by
Job description for Senior Buyer at PT Papandayan Cocoa Industries (Barry Callebaut)
- Represent the BC sourcing department in the technical area in the plant, representing (advocating) procurement and demonstrating added value for BC. Maintain purchasing processes within BC.
- Manage indirect technical spend areas for part of the plant (opex and capex), looking for both short term opportunities through spot buy reduction and long term opportunities through strategic sourcing exercices.
- Apply strategies and tactics – together with the business - to give our company a competitive advantage in either technology or cost.
- Defines sourcing strategies and tactics to make the local organizations more competitive and meet business goals.
- Executes the local purchase strategy. Develops an operational plan that meets the global purchasing objectives
- Make sure all policies are implemented and followed.
- Manages all indirect technical purchases for assigned purchasing categories within the local organization
- Communicates, liaises and negotiates internally and externally using appropriate methods to meet local business needs
- Negotiate with local suppliers to ensure optimum price/quality/service levels
- Supports strategic sourcing initiatives to deliver long range programs for MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operating Supplies) and related capital services
- Ensure correct implementation of the documented P2P process (Procure to Pay) into our ERP systems (sap & maximo)
- 5 years' experience as Purchasing, 2-3 years' experience as Purchasing SPV
- Experienced working in food industry is a plus
- Diploma or bachelor's degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong proficiency in Ms Office, especially in Ms. Excel
- Fluent in English
- Strong knowledge of MRO and purchasing process
- Strong knowledge of sourcing strategic, vendor management, budget control, and import process
- Familiar with SAP
- Willing to relocate to Bandung