This job post is managed by
Job description for ICT Support Engineer (Service Management Department) [NIE] at National Institute Of Education
- Handle customers’ requests that include IT/AV-related issues/complaints and attend to their requests in a timely, pleasant, and professional manner.
- Provide technical support for IT/AV-related incidents via various customer touchpoints by performing technical analysis and carrying out both preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Provide IT/AV support for events, lessons, meetings, and video conferences, which may require working beyond office hours if necessary.
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance for IT/AV Systems in NIE Learning Spaces (i.e. collaborative classrooms, tutorial rooms, lecture theatres, teaching rooms/labs and meeting rooms).
- Track and report assigned tasks completion and meeting SLA targets.
- Document IT/AV-related problems and resolution procedures in the Knowledge Base for future reference.
- Create and maintain technical documentation related to the configuration of IT/AV equipment and components.
- Collaborate with the cybersecurity team to perform regular assessment and mitigation on the endpoint’s security and integrity level, ensuring compliance with NIE IT security guidelines and national regulations.
- Participate in IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery programmes.
- Assist in the evaluation and procurement of IT/AV equipment and solutions. Ensure seamless end-to-end delivery of services and solutions to customers and stakeholders.
- Maintain centralised records/database of IT/AV assets.
- Carry out onsite physical asset verification, update of assets and report the findings for audit reconciliation.
- Undertake IT/AV-related initiatives/projects that drive greater efficiency and effectiveness of the division.
- Contribute to the continual service improvement of IT/AV services and processes by participating in ideation activities or project groups.
- Minimally a Diploma in Information & Communication Technology or equivalent.
- Preferably with 3 years of experience in ICT support with good customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication, both written and oral, skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated, resilient, and work well under pressure.
- A good team player with creativity and resourcefulness.
- Keen on discovering and assessing new technology for productivity purposes.
- Result-oriented with a strong sense of accountability for accomplishing assignments within timelines.
- Works collaboratively with peers and technical team at various levels in the organisation.
- Good knowledge and skills in computer troubleshooting, network, applications, and operating systems support such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Macintosh Operating system and/or mobile device configuration.
- Good working knowledge of audio/video equipment.
- Proficient in problem diagnostics and resolution, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Certification in IT Information Library (ITIL) Foundation and good experience with ITIL best practices is an advantage.