Job description for Head Kitchen Specialized in Japanese Cuisine at Group Aroma
- Ensure efficient running and daily operations of the outlet under purview.
- Control and monitor the optimum food cost to yield the maximum amount of outlet profit and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Check that the quality of food prepared by staff meets the required standard and make necessary adjustments.
- Monitors food quality and quantity to ensure the most economical usage of ingredients.
- Assist in daily purchasing and receiving of goods and ensure the quality of goods delivered by suppliers.
- Follow Food & Beverage Safety and Hygiene policies and procedures and ensure proper storage methods.
- Plan monthly roster to ensure smooth operations and high productivity.
- Create new menu items and seasonal/ daily specials .
- Oversee the cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance of the kitchen and undertakes steps necessary to maintain the highest possible standard in this area.
- Manage the training functions and ensure all staff are certified in their position before taking charge of an area of responsibility.
- Monitor staff performance in all phases of job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to restaurant standards, provide direct coaching when necessary.
- Attend monthly management meetings, holds daily briefings with kitchen staffs and receive feedbacks and communicate upwards to ensure a high level of staff satisfaction
- Minimum 10 years of working experience as Japanese Cuisine (Cold & Hot Kitchen) in the related field is required for this position
- Good knowledge of various Japanese menu, fried menu such as tempura and grilled menu such as Yakitori and Kushiyaki
- Hands-on individual who is willing to get involved and lead by example
- Must be able to work on weekends and public holidays
- Experienced in leading a team of kitchen staffs in Japanese restaurants (preferably in the malls)