Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description Coding Educator (Primary), Tutor/Teacher Glints
- Teaching – Inspire and teach young learners (ages 4 – 12) computational thinking using the organizational way of learning.
- Curriculum Development – Research and develop age-appropriate computational thinking curriculum which makes advanced concepts easily understood by young learners globally. Fully utilising the unique advantages of different learning medium (videos, animations, online platforms and traditional notes), your work in curriculum will be used not just in Singapore but in our branches globally.
- Exhibitions and Events – Engage students in major Tech education events such as IMDA Digital Wonderland, #SmartNationTogether online, and Shopee Code League.
- To explain complex topics in a structured, simple and concise manner.
- To inspire students by understanding student psychology and applying intervention strategies.
- The organizational way of teaching to help students achieve first principles understanding of computational thinking.
- How to provide constructive feedback on students’ progress.
- The systematic approach to develop structured, scaffolded and effective curriculum with well-defined learning objectives.
- Degree or higher in any discipline (Candidates with a Diploma in Early Childhood Education will be considered).
- Coding experience is not required (Training will be provided).
- A strong passion to inspire and groom future leaders in technology, has a passion to teach young students (ages 4-12).
- Excellent communication skills and good with young students, prior experience in teaching young students is a plus (e.g. Tuition experience / MOE / early childhood).
- Live in Singapore and willing to travel to USA, China or Tokyo (After Covid-19 is over, of course).
- Willing to work on at least one weekend (either Saturday or Sunday).