Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description Business Development Intern (Indonesia) Reactor School
- Market Research: Research and generate lists of potential clients.
- Pre-Sales: Design email marketing campaigns, make cold calls and qualify leads. Be an excellent communicator, and have strong emailing, calling and writing skills.
- Proposal Writing: Be able to design and develop proposals for clients.
- Pitching: Be able to close deals and negotiate terms with clients.
- Account Management: Follow-up with clients, maintain relationships, and retain existing accounts. May include being on-call during odd hours to reply to clients’ requests. Be fast and meticulous, including following-up with clients in a timely manner. Have strong inter-cultural competencies. Knowing an additional ASEAN language will be a bonus.
- Demonstrate the 5 Reactor Core Values: #PeopleFirst, #MoveFast, #BeBold, #HaveFun, and #BeAwesome. This is a deal-breaker; we hire based on Values, Attitudes and Skills, in that particular order. We believe that with the right values and attitudes, skills can be picked-up over time.
- Have the right attitude: Be a 1st Principles Thinker, demonstrate a Growth Mindset, be able to practise Radical Candor, and be Relentlessly Resourceful. (If you haven’t heard of Carol Dweck, Kim Scott or Paul Graham, we would strongly encourage you to Google them up before hitting ‘Apply’.)
- Have the right skills: Be able to sell, and be able to close a deal. Be trustworthy, personable, and be able to build rapport with others.
- Be an excellent communicator, and be someone that your fellow teammates can look-up to and respect at all times. Be warm, be humble, be self-aware. We do not tolerate brilliant jerks here at Reactor.
- Be familiar with the education sector, including how to market to educators and school leaders. Have a keen interest in Entrepreneurial Education (EntreEd), tech trends, Industry 4.0, Future of Work and youth development.
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects, interacting with both local and overseas clients.
- Gain hands-on experience in each stage of the integrated marketing-sales funnel.
- Work closely with a team of seniors who will coach and mentor you.
- Attend meetings, events, conferences and exhibitions. Includes attending closed-door networking events with the CEO.
- Competitive allowance given.
- Opportunity for travel around ASEAN for good performing interns.