Flexible work hours
Productivity curve is not something steady and consistent as it depends on each person's unique traits and preferences. At our company, as long as your team is in sync and your goal is hit, you can flexibly decide when you want to work.
Remote work options
Thanks to technology, we no longer have to be physically present at the office to be productive. Joining our company allows you to work anywhere without place-constraint.
Every employee is an invaluable asset to any team; that's why we want to help you grow. Level up your skills and expertise through our professional co-development programs with notable organizations. We will cover the cost.
Must have skills
Job description for Bioinformatics Intern at Nalagenetics
- Develop, maintain and improve bioinformatics pipelines for lcWGS data analysis applied to the calculation of PRS, and for the analysis of survey answers into clinical risk scores.
- Write test cases to demonstrate correct implementation of the software, and perform validation analyses to showcase the accuracy of the results.
- Engage with internal collaborators to present analysis outcomes.
- Document the developed workflows and contribute to writing technical reports as applicable.
- Demonstrated experience in software development and version control. Familiarity with analytical pipeline development using Nextflow and docker (or similar) is a plus.
- Experience in working with human genetic variation data and associated file formats. Knowledge of WGS and PRS is a plus.
- Good documentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to present project updates internally and seek feedback from the team.
- Independent, with a positive attitude and a good team player.
- Programming languages and version control: Python, R, bash, git.
- Bioinformatics tools, libraries and data repositories; e.g. GATK, GLIMPSE, bcftools, plink, Ensembl, gnomAD, 1KGP.
- Workflow languages and containerisation: Nextflow, Docker.
- Cloud-based computing: AWS EC2, Batch, S3.
- Databases: MySQL.
- Our focus in pharmacogenomics (one vertical) rather than a platform play
- Our commitment to building the largest database of safety and efficacy of prescription in Asia to truly build a knowledge base that is built from the ground-up
- Our commitment to work with clinicians, rather than "disrupting" or "replacing" them