Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description Assistant Manager, IT Montfort Care
- Stay up-to-date on infrastructure / network best practices and technologies to recommend products and services based on organisation needs
- Manage IT related procurement including, but not limited to, hardware, software, services (e.g. domain names, hosting, internet service providers etc.)
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems (e.g. finance, appraisal, IT support ticketing systems)
- Review with Senior Management on timeframes for major system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software, database and system management tools
- Install, configure and maintain windows server environment (IIS, AD, DNS, DHCP, SQL)
- Install, configure and support network equipment to optimise network efficiency and security (e.g. switch, routers, firewall etc.)
- Supervise IT Executive / Officer in administration (e.g Office 365, Corppass, Workplace, Exchequer, Knox, email account creation etc.)
- Install, configure and maintain infrastructure on the cloud (Microsoft Azure and AWS, S2S services, Gateways, VMs)
- Configure and maintain cPanel environment hosting wordpress websites
- Maintain backup and redundancy policies
- Develop and maintain scripts for overall system efficiency
- Investigate network faults and arrange schedule updates
- Oversee and conduct periodic checks inventory of hardware, software, and resources and user administration
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis of end user devices and servers;
- Manage and report performance of outsourced end user maintenance vendor based on established SLA
- Knowledge in programming would be an added advantage as we need someone to be able to do data warehousing.
- IT Degree holder with minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Possess strong experience with systems, applications, network and user support
- Excellent Logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus and communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities and give attention to details