Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description Software Engineer (Backend) Omnilytics
- Technical excellence - You possess good engineering skills and an eye for clean, maintainable code. To you, engineering is not just coding; it involves wisdom, drive, collaboration, and methodology. There are few who view engineering as a tool—means to an end. But you view engineering as an art form in itself. You are constantly improving your craft. You take pride in your work. You write code for other humans to read (it just happens to be executable by machines!). Engineering is for the most part a conscious effort, not mere trial and error.
- Problem solving mindset - You eat challenges for breakfast. You believe that problems are made to be solved and not avoided. Often you will try many different ways instead of giving up when presented with obstacles. If you have a reputation for being a defeatist or throws the first excuse that comes in mind when presented with a challenge, this role is not for you.
- Strong aptitude to learn - You will be required to learn a lot of new things. If you are aware that change makes you uncomfortable, do reconsider your career choice in technology. Technology is fast paced, fun and we have access to the latest know-hows in the industry. Here at Omnilytics, you will be part of a team that continues to learn and grow in both industry knowledge and technical skills.
- Build robust and scalable software and APIs in Python and Node.js
- Routinely inspect backend code for speed optimisation.
- Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Provision and monitor deployments.
- Compile and analyse data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the product manager, front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional code.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar.
- Proficient knowledge in Python and Node.js.
- Knowledge in these technologies will be an advantage: GraphQL, Docker, Elasticsearch, SQL.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices and Agile Software Development.
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work options