Must have skills
Job description for Social Worker at Medstar Health
- Provides social work services to identified patients and families including individual and group counseling regarding the impact of illness and hospitalization.
- Functions as a coordinating link between patient, family, hospital and community resources to assure continuity of care in the hospital and post hospitalization.
- Represents social work perspective and serves as department representative to designated Hospital committees and community organizations.
- Participates in orientation, training, educational programs for students, physicians, nurses and other health care professionals as required.
- Assumes responsibilities for identifying training needs and locating resources and promoting their own professional development.
- Actively cooperates as a participant in the department, assuming back-up and on-call responsibilities, committee work, research, QA/QI, and other duties as appropriate.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all inclusive.