Remote work options
Thanks to technology, we no longer have to be physically present at the office to be productive. Joining our company allows you to work anywhere without place-constraint.
To ensure your health and wellbeing, you have various medical plans to choose from depending on your situation and unique needs. From partial up to full medical coverage, we got you covered.
Our company simply cannot function well without teams of people working together. That said, we provide numerous team-building activities and events for you and your team to nurture meaningful relationships between every individual.
Vacation & Leaves
Feel a need for a short break from work? our company is quite flexible when it comes to leaves; be it for vacation, sick, personal, or mental health days. Simply discuss what you need and we will try to cater to those.
Job description for Research Assistant in Genomics / Bioinformatics at Nutrition Technologies
- Analyzing the genomics data to obtain insights across several focus areas
- Helping to create technology roadmaps for 2-3 projects relating to selective breeding and insect genomics
- Collaborating research scientists from other teams by contributing genomics/ genetics expertise
- Conducting literature reviews and summarizing information in concise reports and presentations
- Assist in an Black Soldier Fly selective breeding program (involvement depends on interest & expertise)
- A BSc or Diploma in a life science field, preference for those with a degree in Genomics or Genetics. Or equivalent experience
- Previous research experience in the field of genomics / genetics or selective breeding
- Working knowledge on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and BLAST
- Knowledge and skills for routine molecular biology techniques
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Understanding of the usage and interpretation of statistical methods
- Strong desire to improve existing skills and learn new ones
- A creative thinker with excellent critical thinking skills
- Mission aligned: passion for innovation & sustainability
- Previous relevant research experience with Drosophila melanogaster
- Knowledge of standard bioinformatics file format
- s (FASTQ, BAM, VCF…), tools (samtools, bcftools, IGV…) and data repositories (Ensembl, gnomAD…)
- Working knowledge of SQL, R and/or python