Job description for Nodejs Backend Developer at eKan
eKan is looking for experienced Flutter engineers to join our team of passionate technologists to make a real difference in Indonesia’s fishery industry.
In eKan, you will work with a highly motivated team of engineers, designers and product owners to build digital products that will become game changers in the fishery industry. You are expected to shape the products not only through code, but also through discussions that push the team to make sound, informed tradeoffs between features and technical complexity.
- Execute as an engineer with a pragmatic focus on ROI to deliver the product.
- Think about and build a deep understanding of the product’s value to the clients and users.
- Communicate and work cross functionally with the product team.
- Understand technical constraints, resources and opportunities, and effectively communicate ideas and concerns to the team.
- Estimate and prioritise software requirements.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Passion for engineering as a craftsmanship with a mindset of continuous growth and learning about everything related to technology.
- Experience in developing RESTful web services using Node.js and related web frameworks such as Fastify, Express, Koa or Hapi.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Tap, Mocha or Chai.
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgres and MongoDB respectively.
- Understanding of backend systems and its interactions with the frontend.
- Fluent in English or Indonesian.
Nice to haves
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working in a remote, agile team environment.
- Experience in writing efficient and testable backend code.
- Experience with non-RESTful web services such as gRPC or GraphQL.
- Experience with Nx or other build tools.
- Familiarity with commonly-used backend languages such as Python, Ruby or Go.
- Understanding of cloud platforms and services .
- Understanding of containerisation and CI/CD pipelines for web applications.
- Involvement in open-source projects. Share with us your public contributions!
Report This Job
About the company
1 - 10 employees
Our mission is to unleash Indonesia’s fishery potential by solving challenging problems using technology.
Office addressJl. Martimbang VI no 8EF, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan