Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description for Network and System Administrator at Star Cruise Pte Ltd
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, network devices, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
- Perform daily system / network monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Administrate and Maintain Infrastructure Systems and Business applications in Data Centre by monitoring and correcting both hardware and software defects in order to provide optimum, highest uptime and continual usage for Business operations. Perform regular backups and executing recovery.
- Provides 2ND Level of Technical assistance in supporting and assisting users’ daily automated processes and tasks in relation to all business applications and prescribed software within offices.
- Provide assistance to ships and overseas office in administrating and maintaining Infrastructure Systems in respective Data Centre / Computer Room.
- Recognizes and takes action when escalation and de-escalation is required for critical and urgent cases and follow designated procedures.
- A member and involves in appointed / undertaking project(s).
- Provide Weekly/Monthly status report on work progress
- To carry out safety and security duties from time to time and be assigned as member of the Crisis Management Team, as and when needed.
- Any ad-hoc duties required by the management.
- Minimum Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- Experience in the area of System Administration – Linux and Windows environment.
- Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals on both Network and Voice Infrastructure in context of clients ends usage
- Substantial experience in monitoring and control of IT Systems in an Operations environment.
- Ability to administer network edge devices such as switches, routers and access points.
- Windows Server, Linux Administration
- LAN, WLAN and WAN, Network/System Security installation, configuration, monitoring and control
- Substantial knowledge in Voice/Telephony Systems, preferably AVAYA; certification an advantage.