This job post is managed by
Job description for Learning Data Specialist (In-Learning) [NIE] at National Institute Of Education
- Work with fellow Learning Data Specialists to examine department and project level datasets using data analysis tools to optimise learning and the learning environment at NIE.
- To collaborate across teams:
- to develop insights and strategies for faculty engagement, academic development and teaching & learning and develop emerging technologies to innovate.
- to assess needs for faculty related to the design, development and evaluation of learner-centred blended courses and course requirements.
- to identify strategies, and appropriate tools to design, develop and facilitate face-to-face and online tech-enhanced workshops (i.e., blended learning) as part of capability development for faculty.
- Remain abreast of best and innovative teaching and learning practices in higher education (e.g., regarding personalised learning, adaptive learning, e-assessment, hybrid learning).
- Collaborate on initiatives with IN-Learning's Community Engagement and Partnership team to share institute-wide knowledge.
- Carry out action research by:
- conceptualising frameworks and methodologies,
- designing evaluation instruments,
- gathering and analysing data (e.g., Learning Analytics)
- formulating decisions that will enhance the effectiveness of learning experiences and our Capability Development initiatives.
- Participate in special projects on teaching and learning as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree related to Education, Learning Sciences, Business/Data Analytics, Applied Statistics and Technology for the Learning Data Specialist post.
- At least 2 years’ experience in learning analytics or related instructional design and development experience.
- Possess good analytical skills to facilitate interpretation of data for decision-making purposes.
- Well-versed with ICT tools for education.
- Experience in working with Learning Management Systems.
- Having teaching experience will be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and in diverse teams.
- Ability to learn new tools and processes quickly with little guidance or support documentation.
- Possess good creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally meticulous in work details.
- Experience in using data visualization tools will be an advantage.