Job description for Junior Housekeeper at Raffles Hotel Singapore
The Junior Housekeeper is responsible for managing the department in a professional, efficient and flexible manner. He / She is also responsible for ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and high standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel, which is achieved through consistent planning, organising, directing, and controlling the Housekeeping Department operations and administration.
Manages the Daily Housekeeping Operations for Rooms and/or Public Area
- Supervises the upkeep of the entire hotel premises to maintain an immaculate and luxurious state according to Raffles Hotel Singapore standards. Priority and full attention is given for VIP suites or events.
- Ensures the smooth operations of all Housekeeping sections by performing all tasks in adherence with the code of ethics as issued by Raffles Hotel Singapore.
- Upholds a flawless impression and perception of the Raffles Hotel Singapore products, services and colleagues.
- Establishes the foundations of Housekeeping operations through detailed planning of work and maintenance schedules, rostering, upkeep of inventory, supervision of the team and proper organization and delegation of duties.
Provides a Guest Experience that Exceeds Residents’ and Guests’ Expectations
- Ensures guests receive the experiences as detailed in brand Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Raffles Hotel Singapore local SOP as well as Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards, and aims to achieve the targets set by management.
- Analyses and responds to guest feedback to ensure that guests are satisfied. Is continuously committed to improving the quality of products, services and performance of team members.
Management and Leadership of the Housekeeping Team
- Leads the Housekeeping Team with a Heartist® approach and constantly seeks to create an all-encompassing and welcoming working environment for a multi-cultural and diverse group of Housekeeping colleagues. He / she will focus on the well-being, safety, training and development needs of colleagues.
- Plans for a 24-hours shift coverage for all colleagues and is able to personally cover any role or duty under the Housekeeping department.
Involvement as a Member of the Hotel Leadership Team
- Ensures service standards and individual performances are aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Follows sustainable procedures and practices that support ‘Planet 21’ initiatives (Accor’s Corporate Social Responsibility program).
- Adheres to Work Safety and Health (WSH) policies and procedures and ensures all direct reports are trained in, and follows WSH guidelines.
- Personally handles and follows up on any guest complaints and incidences, together with Lobby Manager and/or respective hotel colleague(s), in a manner which aligns to the hotel’s values, policies and procedures.
- Undertakes any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma or Degree preferably in hospitality or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant industry experience, minimum 2 years in a management level position.
- Experience in luxury hotel / resort environment.
- Oral and written fluency in English. Ability to converse in other languages is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) and Opera PMS.
- High level of confidence and strong interpersonal skills to handles all levels of communication to colleagues and guests.
- Confidently able to resolve problems and make decisions.
- Adaptable to multicultural guest needs and works seamlessly with colleagues from diverse cultures.
- Uses sensitivity and discretion in supporting guests’ needs.
- Leads to constantly improve the guest service experience.
- Leadership skills developed – collaborative, enabling, and entrepreneurial.
- Career focused, wanting to grow and develop, self-motivated.
- Flexible and able to embrace and responds to change effectively.
Benefits of Joining Raffles Hotel Singapore
- 5-day Work Week.
- Duty Meals are provided.
- Colleagues’ Discount and/or Preferential Room Rates at worldwide Accor Hotels.
- Flexible Benefit – Dental/Optical/Vacation Expenses/Children’s Education.
- Medical and Wellness Benefit.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage.
- Local/Overseas Career Development & Growth Opportunities.
- Holistic Learning and Development Opportunities.
Report This Job
About the company
201 - 500 employees
Raffles Hotel Singapore welcomed guests in August 2019 after a careful and sensitive restoration breathing new life into its beautiful building. One of the few remaining great 19th century hotels in the world, the hotel is perfectly preserved both inside and out, giving it an intoxicating blend of luxury, history and classic colonial design. Its distinctive architecture, legendary heritage and iconic service continue to enthrall visitors while restored suites, new social spaces, restaurants and bars have been enhanced for discerning travellers.
Office address1 Beach Road, Singapore 189673