Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description IT Infrastructure Engineer (System Administration) Kidscode
- Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners
- Accountable for the following systems
- Linux, Windows, UNIX (AIX and Solaris), Virtualization systems
- Middleware includes WebSphere Application Servers, WebSphere Message Queue
- Backup software includes Veritas NetBackup, Tivoli Storage Manager, that support the IT infrastructure
- Responsibilities on these systems include operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation
- Recognised degree with a technical major such as engineering, data communications or computer science. Diploma holders with relevant experience and expertise will be considered
- System Engineer certification in Unix and/or Microsoft including Virtualization and Cloud
- Minimum 2 years system administration experience
- Knowledge and experience in Unix scripting, Vmware Virtualization, Cloud and Middleware.