Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description Full-stack Engineer Holistics Software
- Design and implement our features from both backend logic to frontend interactions
- Build back-end components that deal with data movement and logic.
Some Cool Things We've Done/You Might Do:
- Build an in-house background job queue system using just PostgreSQL and Ruby
- Design and build a generic data connector that works with all major databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Redshift, BigQuery, etc)
- Build an Excel-like Pivot Table interface for slicing and dicing of data
- Build a cohort/retention analysis color-coding table (think Mixpanel/kissmetrics)
- Build a new domain-specific language for analytics
Interesting Engineering Projects
- Zero-downtime deployment for long-running background jobs
- Writing a database abstraction layer to interface with different database technologies at once: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, BigQuery, Presto
- Implement alert monitoring system using statistical algorithms
- ETL customer’s data from MongoDB to relational DBs with minimal overhead.
- Parsing SQL into an AST (abstract syntax tree) to understand semantics and suggest optimizations
- Build a sandbox environment to execute arbitrary Python code that still ensures security
Our Engineering Philosophy
- Problem Solving Centric
- Quality Over Quantity
- Metrics-Driven Engineering
Our Engineering Culture
- We don’t fancy-free food or ping pong table, we focus on building an environment where our engineers can be productive and concentrate on solving good problems
- Our engineers own the product from end to end. They are involved in and get to speak directly with the customers to understand how they’re using it
- We don’t write bad code to rush for the deadline. We prefer spending more time refactoring the code over shipping bad code
- Strong problem solving (most important)
- Experiences with Ruby on Rails/Ruby is a plus
- Have at least 1 year of experiences in Software Development
- Some experiences with Rails, Ruby, PostgreSQL, Redis, SQLs, Vue.js, ES6, TypeScript
- Good English communication skill (reading and writing)
- Both senior and junior positions are welcome
What We Look For In You
- Problem Solving: You don’t just write code based on requirements, you debate the requirements with us.
- Coding: You write good code, you’ve written code that handle a lot of load, and you enjoy optimizing and refactoring your code to make it faster
- Culture & Mindset: You’re a team player; you understand how it’s like working for a startup – doing anything and everything needed (from writing blog posts, to help customers with their data problem)
- Tech Stack: we use Ruby, PostgreSQL, Redis, Vue.js, ES6, TypeScript and a lot of SQLs. It’s great if you know these, but it’s not a big deal. We’re confident you’ll pick these up quickly on the job.
Why You'll Love Working
- Weekly TED talks to expand skills and knowledge.
- Yearly budget to support personal and professional growth, well-beings and interest cultivations.
- 24/7 Healthcare Insurance, Periodic Medical Checkup.
- Salary regular reviews, 13-month Bonus.
- Stock Options for high-contributing individuals.
- A flexible work culture, Regular reviews, Remote policy.
- 14 Annual leaves/year, 14 Sick leaves/year, Children care leave policy.
- Weekly happy hours. Company trip and company-organized events.
- MacBook (or Laptop) Grant
- Mechanical Keyboard + Razer Mouse
- Big-screen monitor(s)
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work options
- Health and wellness benefits
- Parental/family leave
- Medical coverage
- Personal development benefits
- Team building events