Must have skills
Job description for Fabric Sourcing and Procurement at BIASA Group
- Planning, sourcing fabrics order, making a sample, price negotiation, price confirmation, order confirmation, and overseeing the quality of fabrics.
- Forecasting, analyzing, and assessing fabric needs, based on Design's seasonal direction, and making fabric recommendations.
- Work closely with the design team and suppliers to proactively review seasonal collections, inclusive of competitive insight, and future materials needs.
- Partner with creative designers’ team and suppliers on all fabric development.
- Build and present seasonal materials boards that articulate brand aesthetic, industry trends, and innovation to Design.
- Closely monitoring the sampling approval process and on-time provide to the Creative Director for approval and arrange approval for the go-ahead.
- Collect and create a P.O. / Order sheet of Fabrics needed for the Production and Design team.
- Drawing up the master schedule to establish fabric production sequence and lead time of each production to meet deadline according to orders.
- Degree in merchandising/fashion design/textile management.
- 2+ years of experience in the fashion industry with a strong knowledge of fabric development.
- Strong technical knowledge of fabric developments, sourcing, and analyzing.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create original and eye-catching fabric designs that appeal to our target market.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong general computer and Excel skills
- Advanced skills in English (listening, writing, speaking, and reading), and skills in other languages are plus points