Job description for Business Operations Intern (Part-time available) at Solar AI Technologies
Care about climate change and want to contribute to solve it? Aspire to shape and contribute to a fast-growing climate technology start-up as an early employee? This could be your opportunity.
Solar AI Technologies makes rooftop solar more accessible and hassle-free by providing zero upfront cost rooftop solar-as-a-service offers for residential and small commercial property owners.
We're a seed stage startup based in Singapore and funded by ENGIE, one of the world's largest renewable energy companies. Our mission is to make it as simple as possible for all property owners to get solar.
Find out more at getsolar.ai.
In this role, you’ll own and manage key operational tasks associated with the sales process of our residential solar projects. You’ll be working closely with our CEO and be a part of a small but collaborative community in ENGIE Factory, passionate about using technology and innovation to solve climate change.
We don’t see our interns any differently from one of us. If you’re up for it, lead teams, craft strategies or drive new initiatives – the sky’s the limit.
What you’ll be responsible for
While we encourage you to take ownership of your role and spend time on areas that you find exciting, the following tasks are likely to be a part of your role:
- Actively manage all aspects of the solar installation process and own our internal project tracker to ensure an optimal experience for our customers
- Take ownership of every residential client’s experience from site visits through to a successful installation including managing all enquiries and requests for assistance from customers
- Liaise with solar contractors on project management to ensure smooth project implementation and construction
- Assist in document management to ensure our internal records are always up-to-date and properly maintained
- Proactively identify and evaluate new opportunities for process optimisation and improved customer experience
What you'll gain from the internship
- Learn to use and effectively work with sales and operations tools like Hubspot, Airtable, Google Analytics
- Effective project management and customer management skills
- Learn to work with various internal and external stakeholders including partners, financiers in order to execute deals
- Gain insights into the internet industry as well as the regional renewables market
Who we’re looking for
- Have strong attention to detail, meticulous and careful with managing information
- Creative problem solver, able to actively identify areas of improvement and enjoys optimising efficiency on processes
- Entrepreneurial spirit and genuinely excited by a fast paced start-up environment
- Strong willingness to learn and pick up new skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deal with ambiguity
Please note that only Singaporeans or PRs and students from local Polytechnics or Universities will be eligible for this position.
Contract type and location
You must be able to commit for a minimum of 16 weeks, up to a maximum of 9 months. The role will be based in Singapore with a flexible start date.
How to apply
We encourage interested applicants to write a short cover note stating your availability, your relevant portfolio and why you want to join us in your application.
We review applications on a rolling basis, and unfortunately may only reach out to shortlisted applicants. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Report This Job
About the company
1 - 10 employees
Solar AI Technologies makes rooftop solar more accessible and hassle-free for smaller, underserved property owners by providing zero upfront cost rooftop solar-as-a-service.
We're a seed stage startup based in Singapore and funded by ENGIE, one of the world's largest renewable energy companies. Our mission is to make it as simple as possible for property owners to get solar.
Find out more at https://getsolar.ai.