Assistant Manager/ Manager, Grants Management (Office of Education Research) [NIE]
ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
The National Institute of Education invites suitable applications for the position of Assistant Manager/ Manager, Grants Management Human Resource and Finance Unit, Office of Education Research) with the Office of Education Research (OER). This is a contract position till 30 Sep 2023, and may be renewed depending on the Institute’s needs and the individual’s performance.
• Manage the administration of pre-award research grant processes from grant call to award, including grant call preparation, grant review, budget scrubbing and evaluation.
• Manage post-award research grant processes including project amendment/deviation request, data collection sites, project progress and final reports.
• Manage and ensure research grant administration policies, guidelines and terms and conditions are in accordance with the research grant funding agencies’ and institute’s regulations.
• Draft grant administration guidelines and documents.
• Perform grant management functions for pre to post award research grant processes on institutional research information system.
• Monitoring of funds approved for each research grant funding and the tranche and maintain project databases.
• Perform administrative, budgetary and compliance checks and liaise with various units and departments.
• Advise research teams on pre to post research grant processes and guidelines, human resource and financial administration guidelines.
• Coordinate with IT department on research grant process testing and improvement of online research grants systems.
• Liaison with stakeholders, external parties and auditors.
• Assist in research integrity and data management matters.
• Organizing, facilitating and providing secretarial and logistical support for research grants panel meetings including recording of minutes.
• Support the unit in drafting of policy papers, collate KPIs and generate reports for management and stakeholders.
• Manage and maintain research support portals, project databases, records and documents.
• Assist with any other duties as and when assigned.
• Preferably with 3 to 5 years of working experience in research grant and/or project management in an educational institution.
• Possess excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to communicate professionally and work with faculty and staff across various administrative units.
• Strong numerical skills and meticulous.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Able to maintain high standards of confidentiality of sensitive materials.
• Able to monitor compliance in policies and uphold governance of policies.
• Strong team player with the ability to work independently under pressure and highly adaptable.
• Able to learn fast, multi-task and work within tight timelines.
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of MS Office applications and willingness to learn or use new IT software and applications as and when required.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their home to the NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.