Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
- Drive - if you want a job that lets you clock out promptly at 5 or tend to frown upon doing things that “aren’t in your job description,” startup life probably isn’t for you. We are finding people who find joy in challenges and are motivated to learn new skill set to fill a company's need.
- Brilliant Thinking - most of your work won’t be about following a set path that your colleagues have laid out for you, it’ll be working with your team to figure out what that path should be. So, the ability to think critically about problems that you’ve never seen before is key.
- Humility - joining a startup means you're going to make mistakes - and a lot of them. So we are looking for people who can recover with optimism, ease, and ideas of how to proceed. Secondly, you’ll likely be asked to take on multiple roles, and unless you were a marketer / coder / salesperson / spokesperson / garbage collector in the past, you’re going to be doing things you probably don’t fully know how to do.
- Passion - We truly believe in our business ideas. (Why else would they give up lucrative careers, their savings accounts, and regular sleep to make them happen?) So we are not going to bring anyone on board to help turn their vision into reality unless they feel the same way. We are not interested in hiring people who just want a job, we primarily look for people who can “articulate our mission and show a personal connection to it” as well as a “positive energy and a thoughtful attitude about their life and career.
- Culture Fit - The person who’s inspired by our vision and by the amazing people they’ll get to work with every day, and who knows that their enthusiasm and contributions will, without exaggeration, make the company even better.
- Sourcing and engaging suppliers via multiple channels.
- Manage product and supplier profile data.
- Arrange for meetings for counterpart in Singapore.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (preferably in Chinese, Bahasa & English)