Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description Research Officer (Assay development) Quikpath
- Hands-on development and optimization of clinical diagnostic tests based on molecular technology e.g. RT-PCR, isothermal amplification, NGS (~90% wet lab time)
- Explore new technologies to meet/exceed current clinical requirements on diagnostics tests
- Problem-solving using technical product knowledge and design control.
- Design and execute experiments independently, troubleshoot, analyse data, interpret results, and keep a detailed record of experiments
- Actively provide scientific input in both multifunctional and R&D team meetings
- Work closely with other Scientists, Engineering, and Commercial colleagues on projects to provide scientific inputs related to company products or research
- Participate in experimental design, troubleshooting and new technology development
- Degree or Diploma or equivalent in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience in RT-qPCR and/or molecular biology research. Fresh grads may also apply
- Knowledge of primer design, buffer/enzyme optimization for RT-qPCR. Fluency in other molecular detection methodologies will be an added advantage
- Assay design and development and high throughput screening experience is preferred
- Knowledge of basic Regulatory compliance (medical device) is preferred
- Be a ‘hands-on’ person who welcomes challenges, works independently or as part of a team, and can communicate effectively at all levels.