Research Associate - Energy Sector (Asia)
Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description Research Associate - Energy Sector (Asia) Institute For Energy Economics And Financial Analysis
- Partners with senior analysts to source, track, and analyze key data sets needed to support ongoing research on energy transition issues.
- Communicates research findings to stakeholders through written reports, presentations, and briefs.
- Works with country and industry-specific energy data to create charts, figures, and tables that convey trends.
- Uses databases and spreadsheets to collect, analyze and transform data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills related to energy, power, and climate risk issues.
- Ability to identify and analyze diverse sources of country-level and corporate data on energy and power usage.
- Ability to research current issues associated with the energy transition from diverse sources including academic papers, new media, company financial reporting and industry webinars.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver work products and analysis in English.
- Familiarity with key policy and financial market trends driving the energy transition globally and in the Asian region.
- Awareness of the analytical style used by organizations such as IEEFA and other energy research organizations.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing, clearly conveying information and ideas.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines with limited direction while working remotely.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, or related software.
- Team oriented with a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to IEEFA’s mission to accelerate the transition to a diverse, sustainable and profitable energy economy.
- Asian language fluency a plus.
- A minimum of two to four years’ relevant research experience in finance, energy, engineering or a related field.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, business, finance, mathematics, engineering, environmental studies or relevant fields
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work options