Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description Research Assistant Adam Smith Center
- Reviewing academic journals, books, and publicly available sources in the field of economics, political economy and development, to collect and gather data for research purposes
- Collection of, gathering and review of quantative data which includes statistics, welfare indicators, historical trends, econometric studies and charts
- Managing and storage of data in an organised fashion and presenting them in a neat and comprehensible manner
- Reviewing and synthesising theories, concepts and arguments from various academic sources
- Editing, proofreading and copywriting of research reports and publications
- Developing interesting educational content in the field of Economics and PPE more generally
- Assist with developing online courses and educational publications for the organisation
- Individual will have to sign a confidentiality agreement to ensure confidentiality of any sensitive information being handled
- Must be at least a current university undergraduate student at a local university with a reasonably good command of English, social sciences undergraduates preferred, especially Economics. Must display proficiency with quantitative work for those on the first track.
- Undergraduates with an interest in PPE (philosophy, politics and economics) are preferred
- Candidates who have background in and proficiency with quantitative research, econometrics, statistical software like Stata etc, are at an advantage (for the quantitative track)
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work options
- Personal development benefits