Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
- Market Analysis – Use various internal and external databases to perform market analysis and competitive set reviews by identifying competitive assets, reviewing supply and demand generators, and analysing key financial trends.
- Financial Modelling / Investment Analysis – Must demonstrate an intermediate understanding of general corporate finance and valuation concepts, with an emphasis on hotel and real estate transactions. Should be comfortable reviewing financial statements and able to convey findings, suggestions, and concerns with such analysis.
- Assist in preparing Presentations, Briefing Notes and Capital Papers – Demonstrate ability to prepare presentations for both internal and external constituents. Participate in the writing of necessary internal notes, memorandums and capital approval papers for the CIT team to be presented to various regional committees, the Executive Committee, and IHG’s Board of Directors.
- Perform other special projects as needed or assigned by CIT, Development, Finance, Operations, Strategy, or Brand Management.
- (Undergraduate) Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Hotel Management.
- Previous internship experience in real estate transactions and/or investment appraisal and capital markets in the hotel industry/investment banking/real estate fund/real estate consultancy or similar would be a plus.
- Interest in the hospitality industry with knowledge of market drivers, competitive landscape and hotel financial statements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to senior management and staff.
- Knowledge of financial principles and modelling processes.
- Intermediate understanding of investment analysis techniques including NPV, IRR, and DCF.
- Intermediate understanding and ability to complete financial modelling in Excel. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Analytical and commercial judgment skills.
- Highly organized and strong attention to details.
- Positive attitude, team player, open-minded.