Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description Design Engineer Zamil Steel
- Studies the PIS and other supporting documents.
- Raises questions or requests for clarification purposes if required through group supervisor.
- Prepare estimates according to the CIF requirements within the assigned time schedule.
- Studies PIS , Change Orders , Returned Approval Dwgs and other supporting documents
- Identifies, technical/procedural incompatibilities and report through questionnaires.
- Design the buildings in accordance with Design codes specified in the PIS and as per ZS Std procedure.
- Prepare the design package and Incorporates the changes in design as suggested by the Design Checker/Group supervisor
- Responsible for the structural Integrity of design.
- Prepare Final estimate and TML.
- Compare final estimate with Quote estimate and report to supervisor if there is any discrepancy.
- Studies the questions/clarifications raised by the Customer/Consultants and replies to them through the group supervisor.
- Works Closely with design checker, Detailing Engineers to ensure the design is error free and all design/detailing requirement are incorporated .
- Advises group supervisor on major design problems.
- Reports to the Group Supervisor on special and non-standard inventory items, non-standard fabrication requirements, non-standard shipping requirements.
- Gives early warning to the Group Supervisor if the assigned time schedule cannot be met.
- Communicate with customer/consultant on specific jobs.
- Meet with customers and properly communicates ZS standard practices on specific jobs as instructed by the Group Supervisor.
- Understands Customer requirements and suggest simplest.
- For preparation of Quote Estimates, Design packages, Final Estimates and Tentative Material Lists