Do you believe your designs and code could change the world? If YES, read on!
Mavericks Consulting is a powerhouse of skilled IT professionals who love their craft.
We solve complex business problems with simple working solutions by applying Agile software development practices.
Mavericks collaborates closely with clients to achieve their business goals. We provide consultancy advice, develop prototypes for experimentation and validate ideas quickly.
We develop robust and reliable operational systems within weeks, not months. We love to write code and build systems that put smiles on our delighted users.
We believe in sharing our knowledge, upskilling and growing with the developer community. We organise tech related workshops and bootcamps to learn from each other. We share and have fun together on our continuous learning journey.
We are looking for like-minded Mavericks to join us and multiply the fun and awesomeness of our workplace.
Your Role and Responsibilities
● Writing quality code alongside your development team using best development practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Domain Driven Modelling, OOP
● Use scalable design patterns to develop software that is easily extensible
● Creating and maintaining a dynamic and collaborative environment
● Learning something new everyday, working and pairing with amazing people
● Be flexible and open to receiving feedback
● Demonstrate technical leadership and proactively suggest the appropriate technology based on the business needs
● Understand the business needs and be empathetic of stakeholders in developing the right technical solution
● Collaborate with other functional roles in helping our clients solve challenging and complex problems
● Championing Agile development practices to create meaningful technical solutions
● Actively contributing to the company with your ideas
● Genuinely wanting to help to change the world
The Qualifications To Be a Maverick
1. Minimum Qualifications
Worked in high performance and cross-functional Agile software engineering teams that used practices like Kanban/Scrum/Lean/XP, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), etc.
Experience in using clean code practices, and writing readable, maintainable code
Good understanding of end-to-end application architecture
Delivered at least one large-scale project to production
Experience in backend development and frontend development
Deep understanding of at least one programming language and at least one programming paradigm (OOP, FP)
Worked with multiple languages (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, Scala, GoLang, etc.)
2. Desirable Qualifications
Experience with developing different applications (e.g. Web, Mobile, Cloud, etc.)
Experience with developing applications for various industries
Experience in other areas of the SDLC (e.g. Testing, Deployment, Requirement Gathering, etc.)
Experience with DevOps practices and Automation tools
Experience with delivering and deploying large scale applications using practices such as 12-factor apps
Competitive salary package (including bonuses)
Medical and Dental insurance for you and your dependents
Financial and logistical support for Work Visa procurement and relocation (if applicable)
Book and Training allowances
Diverse Career Progression Opportunities
Personal Development Opportunities
Formal with some clients
If you think you have what it takes to be a Mavericks, call us and have a chat!