Deskripsi pekerjaan Front End Developer The KPI Institute
Lerero is a SaaS solution for improving the efficiency, effectiveness and enjoyment of learning. Backed by research on memory and brain science, supporting knowledge retention and learning application tracking.
Your main responsibilities include:
● Collaborate with business analysts and developers to produce software layout;
● Transform software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language;
● Integrate software layout with functional API;
● Cooperate with UI / UX designers to match visual design intent;
● Build website and mobile apps version (one at a time)
● Test code periodically to ensure it produces the desirable results and perform debugging when necessary
● Maintain and expand website and mobile apps (one at a time)
● Assist and support in the upkeeping of our website and mobile apps (one at a time)
● Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient.
We expect you to:
● Have extensive knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3;
● Have experience in working with NodeJs
● Have experience in working with React Native, ReactJs, NextJS
● Have experience in working with SASS, Webpack, Unit Test, Restful API, tailwindcss - would be a plus;
● Be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritizework;
● Have the ability to work collaboratively as part of a project team;
● Have excellent English skills.
Some friendly facts about Lerero:
● Flexible working hours;
● Young and enthusiastic working environment;
● A work environment that rewards innovative ideas;
● Fixed monthly rate and performance bonuses.
Application info required:
● Cover letter.
Employment type: Full time work
Starting date: To be discussed after an interview
Duration: Undetermined period, with 3 months’ probation period
No. of hours: Up to 40h/week
Working schedule: During office hours: 08:00 – 17:00 or 09:00 – 16:00
Laporkan Lowongan Ini
The KPI Institute is a leading global research institute specialized in business performance. It operates research programs in 12 practice domains, ranging from strategy and KPIs to employee performance and from customer service to innovation performance. Insights are disseminated through a variety of publications, subscriptions services and through a knowledge platform available to registered members. Support in deploying these insights in practice is offered globally through training and advisory services.
The KPI Institute is considered today the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education. It developed the first KPI Management Framework and operates www.smartKPIs.com, the result of the research program dedicated to documenting and cataloguing how KPIs are used in practice, an online portal containing the largest collection of documented KPI examples.
Added value - Offering more through innovation and value for money
Best know-how - Through the integration of multidisciplinary global expertise
Common sense - Fairness, modesty and friendship
Data and facts - Expertise and opinions based on specific data
Efficiency - Key principle for prioritization and getting things done