Tayang 4 bulan yang laluDiperbarui 4 bulan yang lalu
Please read the application instructions.
Corporate Innovation Intern
Position: Corporate Innovation Intern
Reporting to: Programme Manager
We are looking for a Corporate Innovation Intern to support our Programme team in the planning, marketing and execution of innovation programmes, workshops and events. Padang & Co operates at the forefront of corporate and startup innovation. You would experience firsthand how we work closely with corporates to discover and implement technology driven innovation opportunities. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at once.
What We Provide
- A vibrant and diverse Startup Ecosystem (We have a Unicorn and a ball pit).
- A flat organisation where your opinions are valued.
- Endless opportunities to grow within the company.
- Opportunities to meet and work with top-level executives.
- Bi-Weekly community networking events.
Roles and Responsibilities
-- Report to a Programme Manager to assist him/her in the planning, marketing and execution of innovation programmes, workshops and events. Your assigned focus area would vary based on your area of interest or expertise. In your application, please elaborate your interest in Smarter Cities, Food & Agriculture, and/or Health.
-- Assist other programme managers and community managers with their ongoing programmes, marketing campaigns, events, slides preparations and reporting, where necessary.
-- Participate in client meetings and support the facilitation of workshops and virtual events.
-- Conduct research on regional / global startup ecosystems to identify startups that can enable corporate innovation.
-- Support the business development and programme team on new business proposal crafting.
Learning Outcomes & Objectives
- Get a unique insight into what really makes great startups, and what drives the growth of startup ecosystems across the region
- Learn about the strategies and tools that support corporate innovation and startup research, e.g.: Tracxn.
- Develop and apply business skills in communication, technology, quantitative reasoning, and teamwork.
- Develop virtual event and workshop facilitation skills.
- Observe and evaluate business operations and decision-making.
- Meet professional role models and potential mentors who can provide guidance, feedback, and support.
- Build your network rapidly across the best Southeast Asian startup founders and ecosystem enablers
- On completion of your internship, you would expect to have a best-in-class understanding of the startup ecosystems across Southeast Asia
Who We Are Looking For
-- Highly focused on ensuring good working relationships internally and with clients;
-- Highly organised and have good attention to details.
-- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in both written and verbal English;
-- Basic understanding of innovation consultancy;
-- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, adapt to changes, self-motivated and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work comfortably in an open and collaborative startup-like environment; and
- Good analytical skills.
Good To Have
- Familiar with hackathons, innovation challenges, accelerators and innovation labs
- Have existing network or knowledge in VCs and Corporate Innovation
- Good familiarity with the startup scene and culture
- Basic understanding of digital marketing
- Hands-on project management and client servicing experience from past experience in consultancy services
*Applications directly through Glints will not be accepted.
About Padang & Co
“Padang” in Malay means “open field”. It is also the name of an important historical landmark in the heart of the civic quarter of Singapore. We are an Innovation Catalyst for corporates and government. We increase their innovation capabilities and help them solve important business problems or capitalise on new opportunities. To do that, we connect them with startups / SMEs, entrepreneurs, citizen innovators, non-profits, etc., and leverage Open Innovation tools and methods, such as co-creation, hackathons, innovation challenges, training, etc.
We work as the interface between large corporations and startups. Corporations come to us with both conventional and non-conventional business problems that need to be solved, and we find game-changing ways to solve these problems through running paid pilots with startups and innovators.
As a company that champions Open Innovation, we are a collaborative bunch.
Every team member is challenged to think and do things differently.
We're based out of LEVEL3, a workspace by Padang & Co and the Unilever Foundry. The first of its kind in corporate innovation, LEVEL3 (L3.work) supports Singapore's emerging startup ecosystem and entrepreneur community to create and conenct to real business opportunities.
Glints is the #1 recruitment platform in Asia helping companies build successful teams with young talent. Our mission is to help companies hire the right young talent effectively, and for young people to discover and develop careers they love.