Job description for Refractionist Optician (Optic) at Gema Consult
- Prepare & interpret spectacle prescriptions independently
- Able to read & interpret visual field reports
- Do accurate lens measurement for glasses
- Perform refraction
- Recognizing the guidelines and protocols relevant to the field and practice
- Comply with an effective infection control strategy that ensures the safety of the patient
- Independent organization of eye camps and screening programs
- Excellent Refractometry skillset (minus cylinder) with knowledge of:
- Contact lens over-refraction (spherical+ toric lens)
- Trial framing patients
- Assists patient with selection of eyewear, making such facial measurements and adjustments as are necessary to properly fit glasses to the patient.
- Demonstrates computer literacy and familiarity with EMR/EHR documentation.